cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i use roaming US data in canada?

qawsed222
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

can i use add on roaming US data in canada?

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@qawsed222 technically you COULD, but only if you are physically close enought to the USA to be able to connect to a T-Mobile or AT&T tower.  You'd have to turn off auto network selection and manually choose T-Mobile or AT&T.  But again, you'd have to be nearly at the border for this to work.  I think there is a small amount of overlapping coverage on either side of the border.  So, yes, technically POSSIBLE, but not practically useful.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

use this link as a refence:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Sorry i was confused with your post ( I've had a long morning). If you are out of data, and your plan re-news in 10 days you can ask about renewing your plan early. Just send them a private message

raulsrm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had tried this and it did not work. Roaming US data can only be used in the US in my experience.

qawsed222

who's mod?

No you cannot, because you'll be using a Canadian provider, instead of an American (AT&T or T-Mobile) You will have to buy the Canadian data add on.

Edit: Ignore the re-new plan early option. If you only need data for 10 days, the canadian add ons are too expensive 

qawsed222

i only need data for 10 days in canada too, so I hope this is an option

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is a good question, never really thought of that option. The US addon only lasts 10 days anyways.

I would say no, the data cannot be used in Canada

Need Help? Let's chat.