cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling out

Lise01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. As of last night, my phone is not calling out and won't access voicemail. Any suggestions? I have turned phone on and off, reinserted sim, reset network settings, etc. Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

@Lise01 fingers crossed !!

Lise01

Can't always receive. Texts are ok!

Lise01

I think this might be the case. Still occurring, but perhaps when the electrical outages are cleared up . . . we will see.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lise01   does it show it is connected to PM at all?

try your sim in another phone.  Maybe your phone problem?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Lise01 

did your account renew recently?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lise01 

If you have tried @HALIMACS 's suggestions without any luck then first try:

1. Toggle airplane mode on/off. This will give you a brand new connection to the network. Attempt an outgoing call. If it connects ask them to call you back to see if it still goes to voicemail.
  2. Still issues? Change your network mode to 3G only. While in 3G only go to your Settings>>About phone>>Sim status>>Signal strength>>__?__-dBm. You want to see a signal strength between -50dBm and -90dBm. Around -60dBm to -75dBm is the average reading. Below -100dBm indicates a very poor signal for the 3G network.

If you have a 3G network signal that's decent then the issue may be temporary stemming from equipment upgrades or maintenance on your local tower. A very poor signal indicates that you are likely connecting to another tower further away because you have likely lost transmission of the 3G network on your local tower. This could be temporary or permanent....no signal at all means exactly that....and that's not good.

Report back your findings and we can advise on troubleshooting and workarounds.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you are out of very urban area expect outages due to weather.

Cell system is NOT that reliable as people think it is...

@Lise01 

Try these common 'fixes':

1. reboot your device
  2. reset your network connections
  3. remove the SIM card, gently clean the gold connections (a soft eraser or alcohol on a q-tip works), then reinsert the SIM card
  4. try the SIM card in another known working device to see if the problem recurs
  5. if the issue exists in a certain area, try getting outside to see if the problem changes in any way (could be environmental/location based within a structure)

@Lise01 @You can check coverage map to see if you in an area that might be having trouble 

www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage?gclid=CLuo4c39yNQCFQQvaQodeZEC0g

Lise01

And was just able to call my son, but when he called back his call went straight to voicemail. My mother has a similar problem with public mobile. When I call her I get voicemail and have to ring a second time.

@Lise01 @could be coverage issues as we had some bad weather on Friday and service had been spotty for some folks 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lise01 @You may need to contact an agent 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here

Lise01

It just worked to collect voicemail. Seems to be erratic. I do get texts. Not sure about receiving. Will check!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lise01 @But can you receive calls and text and text out 

Need Help? Let's chat.