cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling minutes

Williamlu1166
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a $15 plan which has 100 minutes of outgoing calls. Is 800 number counted? 7-11 Speakout counts (100% for sure).

9 REPLIES 9

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Williamlu1166 wrote:

I have a $15 plan which has 100 minutes of outgoing calls. Is 800 number counted? 7-11 Speakout counts (100% for sure).

Re: your added comment about SpeakOut... They are counting "air time", anytime your phone connects to the network the cost for your minutes are deducted from your balance. Even if someone else calls you.

On Public Mobile's in-market $15 plan, incoming calls are not counted against your 100minutes allotment. As for toll free numbers I have had the same experience as Nezgar.

@Nezgar 

Great good to know!

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Williamlu1166 

All call-outs count. I think 911 call-outs counts but not sure.
Next time use TextNow to make you calls.

Calls to TF numbers do not deduct minutes from the $15 plan. I expect 911 calls would go through even if you have 0 minutes left. You can even call 911 without a SIM card in a phone.

@Handy1 wrote:

@Williamlu1166 @Yes 

This is incorrect. Calls to tollfree numbers do not consume minutes from the $15 plan.

You can test it yourself by bringing up your self-serve account before making such a call and noting the remaining minutes. After making a short test call to a TF number, click the little circle-arrow icon under the usage section of "My Account", and compare the minutes consumed. I am confident you will see no deduction of minutes after such a call.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 wrote:

@Williamlu1166 

I have heard mixed results on this. Only way to know for sure regarding the 800 number is to check your usage history in self service after your call.

Anytime this question comes up, the answer is "no". There are some mythical accounts of calls to TF numbers consuming minutes, but noone on this forum has ever provided any concrete evidence. My thorough testing as a customer of 4 years now has always consistently shown that outgoing calls to any toll free number (area codes 800, 833, 844, 855, 866, 877, 888) have never deducted minutes from my $15 plan.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Williamlu1166 

All call-outs count. I think 911 call-outs counts but not sure.
Next time use TextNow to make you calls.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Williamlu1166 

Officially. Yes.

Real life experiment : NO.   Many have found that minutes are not counted against your 100 mins

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Williamlu1166 

I have heard mixed results on this. Only way to know for sure regarding the 800 number is to check your usage history in self service after your call.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Williamlu1166 @Yes 

Need Help? Let's chat.