cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto pay refund for my next 3 month cycle

qhy232
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I just noticed my PM auto payment haven't been disabled and it charged me for 125.43 dollars ahead of the start date of my next cycle (which should be around Feb. 4th) so I'm wondering if I could get a refund for this cycle since it hasn't started.

My PM account is **************

BTW if you are mod you could actually check my previous post where I was asking if I could have it suspended for a month since I'll be out of Canada in February and resume the next cycle starting March 4th when I come back.

10 REPLIES 10

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A bit late to the party but if you’re planning on reinstating your account when you get back then you don’t need a refund so much as to suspend your account. You can use the credit when you get back and reactivate your account. 

If if you can’t suspend the account yourself then message the mods ASAP before your next cycle begins. Good luck!

shartomjam

wrote:

@shartomjam I suggest you contact the moderators and request some consideration for your mistake - nothing ventured, nothing gained. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation.

@Luddite I didn't make the mistake and don't have a problem.  I was only replying to this post.  

@qhy232 I suggest you contact the moderators and request some consideration for your mistake - nothing ventured, nothing gained. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation.

[Thanks @shartomjam. I tagged the wrong person! Forgot to remove the glasses. 😎  ]

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If auto pay was not suspended on time, there's little that can be done now.  Reversing the transaction is not a good idea.  Doing so would trigger a fraud alert.  Prepaid services do not offer refunds. 

shartomjam

Sorry but I don't think there is anything to be done at this point.  You didn't remove auto pay before the renewal date (as you were advised to do in your previous post) so this is your error not Public Mobile's.  A hard lesson learned.

qhy232

So I just called my bank and got the response just like I expected, so they wouldn't be able to anything with transaction in pending state, andsuggested what I could do is to talk to PM regarding the refund.

Could anybody help with the situation here given the context above?

Thanks

qhy232

Yes you are right, I can confirm this 125.43 charge is still  a pending transaction now.

So after I disable the auto pay myself, what should I do, call my bank? I don't think they can cancel the transaction upon me calling them right(it's worth trying for sure so I'll do what I need to do), what I'm actually wondering is how would PM handle this kind of case normally(users asking for a auto pay refund prior to their next cycles begin)?

No, if your credit card was charged, it is supposed to happen within 24 hours.

To be honest, the charge to my credit card happens at different times now, than when I signed up in June 2016.  It first started charging late in the day on the ‘AutoPay due date’.

Now, I’m seeing the charge happening on the next day (supposed to be Start of new cycle), early to mid morning hours.

I don’t know why it is getting later each time.... but it worries me that sometime I may end up without service, due to a constantly changing credit charge time.

qhy232

yes  the autopay is always ahead of each cycle right? Guess I just learned that the hard way. And I did mean to disable it myself, sorry for the misleading info I mentioned previously.

This being said it seems that my next cycle should technically start within the next couple of days not today if I'm not mistaken?

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@qhy232, why did you not suspend AutoPay on your account yourself?  

30 days from today is March 3rd, so it sounds like it triggered today, which means your account was supposed to pay yesterday, and start again today.

Need Help? Let's chat.