cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone else have problems with Samsung S20+ connecting to the Public Mobile network?

WCFJ1979
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I have a new S20+ and I have no network connection in thick overhead conditions (trees, etc) and inside buildings (house, office space, etc).  I put the sim card in several other phones and full LTE connection.  My wifes sim card dosn't work in my S20+ either.  did a hard restart (several times in every way possible. card in, out, after card in, etc....

before i return the phone for being a possible defect, i'd like to ask if anyone else is having problems with there S20+ if they own one???

oh... and yes its an unlocked phone 🙂

tks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

I believe it's probably a one off device issue.    I would return it for a replacement unit if you still have a choice.

personally never try S20+ on PM  , but tried S9, S21+ without issue.

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have had the SM-G981U (USA unlocked S20 5G) for a year now and not had any issues, up until the last few days, but I think it is a network issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WCFJ1979 

then that device issue not SIM card

WCFJ1979

I do, but it only shows 1 bar or no service indoors even with the cover off.

sad really, setting up a new phone is a real pain in the butt!

🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WCFJ1979 

do you New Activate or existing line, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WCFJ1979 : The fact that the wifes SIM doesn't work either seems to point to the phone. Do you have some kind of fancy cover that might be blocking the internal antenna?

WCFJ1979

Hey!

tried the sim card in several other unlocked phones... full LTE coverage on those phones.

did a factory reset when I got the phone new.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WCFJ1979 

if is your device a new can you try to factory reset, and try your SIM card for another device 

Need Help? Let's chat.