cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anybody got a refund after you switch from Public mobile to other provider?

phy06
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I just switched from public mobile to other provider. That was just 2 days after it was charged by my auto payment. Usually, I get a refund in this situation with other providers like fido or telus. How about public mobile? I cannot reach public mobile by phone. My account automatically cancelled so I cannot see my account. Public mobile is not much cheaper than other providers (now it is more expensive than other providers) and providing less services. I just don't know how to reach them other than a chat bot (useless).  Anybody had gotten any refund after you switch to other provider?

Does anyone know how to reach public mobile customer center by phone? or e-mail? other than posting this message here. Please help me out on this. Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

I would echo the feedback @phy06 , but with one exception.

If you are moving services to a Koodo or TELUS plan, as these are all under the TELUS umbrella of companies, there is a slight chance they may transfer the payment to their service as a loyalty gesture for staying within the TELUS group of companies.

It's worth a shot, however only if the above is the case.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@phy06 

Sorry no,   PM doesn't give refunds or prorating unfortunately.  But I hope you really got a good deal at your new provider though 😉.  Sorry to see you go!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

No. PM does not provide refund nor credit if you port your number out or close account.

phy06
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

oh my.... thank you for all your replies.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@phy06  

Sorry, PM is a PREPAID plan. Those providers you mentioned are POSTPAID plans. Prepaid means you pay for service in advance. Postpaid means you pay for the services you used. You won’t get a refund sorry 

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@phy06 I don't think so..PM is pay-as-you-go service. It states that non refundable

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@phy06 

PM is prepaid so there are no refunds. Once you port your number out your account is automatically closed.

76B74527-5746-4221-9EC8-BB7EA665A74D.jpeg

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@phy06 sorry unlike telus, public is a prepaid service,therefor there are no refunds when you leave early in your pay cycle 

Need Help? Let's chat.