cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add on data

nancy21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is my add on data used BEFORE my subscription data is used? I would hope so because my add on data will expire BEFORE my subscription renews.

7 REPLIES 7

@nancy21  Yes no one like that data add ons now expire 30 days after purchase there’s a big discussion and online petition here about it please sign it . Also might be time to think about upgrading plan to like the 20GB for $39 if you tend to need extra data . Just make plan change for next renewal if that interest you .

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Clarification-of-Public-Mobile-Data-Add-o...

nancy21

Yes, but that is UNFAIR! Because the add on data now runs out after 30 days! So when you buy more data because you have run out of your regular data, it will be about the same time that you might run out of your regular data again in the new cycle. THAT is when you will need that extra data that you bough, and THAT is exactly when the data that you purchased last month will expire!! 

That really really sucks. It's a rip off. It's bad enough that the purchased add on data runs out at all. It used to be good until you used it up, even if it took a year. 

That is what I used to LOVE about Public Mobile, and I used to RAVE about how amazing it was to all my friends, many of whom joined public mobile expressly for that reason.

Something should be done about the add on data now that it expires in 30 days. IT SHOULD BE THE DATA THAT IS USED UP FIRST on the new cycle BEFORE your regular data is touched.

Sorry to rant at you softech, it's of course NOT your fault. How do we get this message to the people who can DO something about it? Any ideas????

HI @nancy21 

I believe it is that way too.  PM addon used to be different, but I think the policy  is like other tier 3 providers now 

of course, you can submit a ticket with agent and ask again

nancy21

Sorry to rant at you Handy, it's of course NOT your fault. How do we get this message to the people who can DO something about it?

nancy21

Yes, but that is UNFAIR! Because the add on data now runs out after 30 days! So when you buy more data because you have run out of your regular data, it will be about the same time that you might run out of your regular data again in the new cycle. THAT is when you will need that extra data that you bough, and THAT is exactly when the data that you purchased last month will expire!! 

That really really sucks. It's a rip off. It's bad enough that the purchased add on data runs out at all. It used to be good until you used it up, even if it took a year. 

That is what I used to LOVE about Public Mobile, and I used to RAVE about how amazing it was to all my friends, many of whom joined public mobile expressly for that reason.

Something should be done about the add on data now that it expires in 30 days. IT SHOULD BE THE DATA THAT IS USED UP FIRST on the new cycle BEFORE your regular data is touched.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nancy21 Unfortunately, regular data will always be used first when available. So, on a new cycle when you get regular data again, those will be used first even you have paid add-on data that is expiring soon.  So, just use up all the paid addon data before new cycle starts

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@nancy21  No it will automatically kick in once your regular plan data bucket is depleted 

Need Help? Let's chat.