cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So sick of public mobile I can’t receive texts from my mom

Jneufeld20211
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do not disturb I’ve already tried. It’s literally only my moms phone number. This is a pretty serious problem as my dad died and I actually missed the phone call thanks to you guys. This needs to be fixed right away, please send me to the right direction. 

6 REPLIES 6

HI @Jneufeld20211 

did PM support involved and fixed it for you?

Jneufeld20211
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone I have to say that this was a glitch and the phone is now working. Thank you everybody for your help. 

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

"If" you are both using iPhones, are you texting or messaging?

ie...you have lots of Data and your Mom does not....then most immessages  work over Wifi only. I know you said NONE work.  Just shot in the dark. That might be why @softech is asking what phones you each have. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jneufeld20211 - so sorry to hear of your dad's passing, condolences. NOTE, that we are customers and members like you here on the community forum.

Have you ever been able to receive texts and calls from your mom? Can you send texts and call her successfully? If so, than the troubleshooting should be done on both ends. Like, ensure she is dialing your number correctly. Have her remove your contact from her phone, and add it back in; include the '1' in front of your 10 digit number. You could also remove her contact, and add her back in as well, it would not hurt.

Both of you could try restarting your phones, and/or reset the device's network settings.

To rule out device issues, change the SIM into another phone and test calling/texting from your mom to you.

@BKNS27 - If calls are being received, and it seems like there is only one number involved here, than likely not a failed port.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jneufeld20211 

It sounds like your number wasn’t completely ported over to PM from your previous carrier. 
Do you remember replying to the text with YES with the old SIM in your phone?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jneufeld20211 

Quick questions, you just joined  PM or you have been with PM for some time and just having issue lately?

you can receive incoming calls without issue?

And are you using Android or iPhone?

Need Help? Let's chat.