cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation

John1947
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Here is the problem, I purchased two sim cards for me and the wife, I went to the public mobile site, opened two accounts, one for her and one for me. I followed all instructions, and when asked, inserted the new public mobile sim cards into the phone. the accounts I opened are active, the account is showing that they have received my payment, so all is good, EXCEPT: the sim cards won't activate, all I get on the Phone instead of bars is "SOS" signifying that the cards haven't been activated. I'm at a total loss, any kind suggestions will be gratefully excepted. I thank everyone in advance.....

10 REPLIES 10

@Handy1 

just good natured kabitzing !!

@hairbag1 @And @hTideGnow  what did I do 

HI @hairbag1 

don't you now @Handy1 always ahead of everyone, i think that is a new SIMON here., some kind of new ChatGPT LoL

@hTideGnow 

yup...process burped. Now @Handy1  got his answer ahead of mine !!   gggrrrrr

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow  Yes, super slow after click reply button so I reload and pasted reply again.  Thought I could delete post but appears no option under edit.  Growing pains... 😄

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @pmbc  did yo uhave problem with posting?  I had some issue today.  Sometimes I click Reploy and didn't posted. Weird

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Couple of things, have you rebooted your phones with SIM installed?  Other thing would be to validate the SIM serial shows properly in the my account portal.  They were accepted when you activated?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@John1947 

each phone is a separate account so make sure you activated correctly. Even different email address req'd.

Try restarting phones.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @John1947   No loss, you are almost there, jsut a sim card setup on the backend.

Please submit a ticket with CS agent for them to confirm the activation

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@John1947  Have you tried to reboot the phone , otherwise it could just be a provisioning issue , easy fix for support 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking >>>>>>>>here.

Need Help? Let's chat.