cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation

jeannine9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have ported my phone number over to public yesterday from Telus and now I have no cell service . when I try to activate my sim number im continually told its a invalid number. I have cleared my cache and waited a hour between try's but still get the same result 

11 REPLIES 11

@jeannine9 wrote:

hi , where is the chat bubble option located ?

@jeannine9 

Very bottom right-hand corner of your Community screen.

Looks like this:

esjliv_0-1595967286478.png

jeannine9

thank you , I think im in contact with a moderater now ? it said they would contact me

jeannine9

I tried calling 611 and the call failed

@jeannine9  There is no chat facility. Contact the moderators as suggested earlier; either via SIMon (click the ? Lower right of the screen) or a direct private message ( 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437Click )

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@jeannine9 

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

jeannine9

hi , where is the chat bubble option located ?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jeannine9 

If your Telus SIM card stopped working and your Telus plan account closed, then your number was successfully ported out.

If the plan fee was charged to the payment method you used to activate your Public Mobile account, then your PM SIM card should be working. Do any services work when you use the PM SIM card? What happens if you try calling 611 with your PM SIM?

@esjliv hi contact customer support mods here

type "no service"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jeannine9 while you wait for  moderator response. If your Telus services aren't working, your port may be complete. Try these tricks to reset your service try in order:
1.Restarting your phone. Turn it off, remove the SIM card, reinsert it, wait 5 minutes and restart it.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone. 

20200504_182846.jpg

Welcome to PM.  Stay safe.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jeannine9 ,

Have you tried opening a tab in incognito mode also?

Are you able to log into your SELF SERVE account? If so, what does your status say?

@jeannine9 wrote:

I have ported my phone number over to public yesterday from Telus and now I have no cell service . when I try to activate my sim number im continually told its a invalid number. I have cleared my cache and waited a hour between try's but still get the same result 

You have no service on your Public Mobile and Telus services?

A sim card cannot be activated twice. If your Public Mobile service is not working at all, you need to open a ticket at https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

Need Help? Let's chat.