cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account not activating

Bill2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i created an account, subscribed to a plan, made a payment, and got an error trying to activate my account. instructions sent me here for assistance. error indicates problem on hosting site.

8 REPLIES 8

HI @Bill2024 

the scan code needs a QR code and it is sent via Welcome email

if you don't have that, you will have to ask PM support agent to help.  If you already sent them a message, check the Community inbox, support agent usually reply quick

Bill2024

no esim installed. can add one but it wants to scan a code - which i never received

Bill2024

Thanks - but as I mentioned, the account activation failed. I did not receive a welcome email with a qr code. That's when things started falling apart. no welcome email, no link to install esim, no esim to receive mfa code

HI @Bill2024 

you won't be able to get passed the confirmation full access at this moment

but you can check if your esim was already installed on the phone and just not activated properly.  Check Settings-> Cellular or sim manager , see if the PM esim there 

@Bill2024  Check your welcome email the QR code for eSIM should be there . Scan with your phone and install it 

Bill2024

have sent the private message to cs_agent. but even that support site gives me the message the "we noticed you have an active public mobile service and would like to confirm your full access." it then tries to send me an MFA code to the "new" number associated with the account. the account activation failed and I did not get a link to install an esim - which is why I can't receive the MFA code. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Bill2024  And your using the APP to activate ? You need the app to activate not website . If you are using the app and getting this message then you can use this direct link for support to help 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.