cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activated my act. tried to change #

badgolfshot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried to change my phone # with current activated bell #. Says this # can't be used. It says that because I'm using it on my bell act. I assume. Tried talking to people at telus (# providied here by a couple people) Telus rep says they can't port to my PM sim as they have nothing to do with Public Mobile.   

6 REPLIES 6

@badgolfshot wrote:

Thanks. I guess it's not transferable as I live 100 from the nearest PM city. Same area code different prefex

As for what Telus customer care/porting team told you about them having nothing to do wth Public Mobile, they are correct that it's Public Mobile who needs to initiate the porting of the phone number to Public Mobile, but the Telus customer care person should have mentioned that Telus Communications is the parent company of Public Mobile.   They are also able to troublleshoot open number porting requests to Public Mobile.  They shouldn't be called to start a number porting request.

The Bell phone number doesn't need to be specifically from a city in the available phone number/city list in the Public Mobile account, but it does need to be from a city that Telus Mobility has a block of phone numbers for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@badgolfshot : Never mind the above post. They have a distinct inability to read.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@badgolfshot 

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it's a weird thing. I only learned that it was a thing, here. So you have some decisions to make.

badgolfshot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. I guess it's not transferable as I live 100 from the nearest PM city. Same area code different prefex

Anonymous
Not applicable

@badgolfshot : Can you check here to see if your number can be moved over to Telus/Koodo/PM. The source account needs to be active. When you do get to port it over then leave the old SIM in until you get a confirmation text to confirm.

Need Help? Let's chat.