cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activate an add-on

CaroleSha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I activate an add-on and select the date for it to start?

7 REPLIES 7

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is no option to choose the start date/time of an add-on.

It is activated once you load funds in your account and purchase the add-on.

Another point to consider is the add-ons are not auto-renewed.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@CaroleSha wrote:

Load enough $$ in to Available Funds to cover cost of add-on...then go to Buy Add-ons and select the one you want. edit...all add-ons start as soon as you buy it.

If you're considering buying any of the 10 Day US Roaming add-ons...your 10 days start right away, so best to buy it just before you leave for US...or even buy it there using free wifi somewhere like Wally world.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@CaroleSha wrote:

@CaroleSha 

Add-ons don't need "activation".

If you've done the transaction properly, i.e. Fund account then Make the purchase, they'll be available for use right away.

Although in rare cases, the payment could be processed but a glitch could cause a SIM provisioning issue and the add-ons don't work. Customer support will be needed to solve that kind of issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CaroleSha 

sometime the Add-on is not going through and if you found at Available Funds: $$

Try To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account,

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Most of the add-ons will start after your plan feature has been consumed i.e. additional minutes will start after you deplete your regular minutes.  They will remain in your account and carryover to the next month until they have been used up.  Only US roaming add-ons expire 10 days from purchase.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@CaroleSha   Add-ons are active the moment the purchase is completed.

But keep in mind,  buying add-on involved:

1. loading fund

2. actual buying

After you actual buying the add-on it will be in your account.  MOST add-on has no expiry date and they are "expried" after they are used up.

Only exception is the US Roaming add-on. 10 days, 240 hours start counting from the the moment add-on is purchased.

So, for US Roaming add-on , only buy it when you really need it or just right before your trip and you expect you won't be able to do it after

For all other add-on, you can load the fund first if you wish, then buy it whenever you want.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CaroleSha 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

Need Help? Let's chat.