cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account price changed

Lisa20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account price changed from $52 to $88. My payment  card had expired  and I am trying to use the  new active credit card, but my subscription has  changed  from $52 a month to $88. I don't want  a new plan, I want my current plan. This happened this morning when  it was set to renew.

25 REPLIES 25

So you got the roaming plan? If you've been getting by with 2gb of data all this time then those plans are way overkill. I wonder if you could get by with the $25 1gb plan and buy the US calling add-on. Those minutes hang around until all used.

Lisa20

I've started with a US/Can talk plan back in 2006 whenever they came to market. I added data later but was grandfathered in when all the stores went goodbye and everything changed. 

Lisa20

Yeah the account went nuts no idea what happened. I made two manual payments to meet the "new" price. I've switched plans let's hope I get charged for the switched plan and not whatever randomness the system has been picking for me.

Lisa20

I'll give it a try just changed the plan. I really don't use data but I need calling to the US. Maybe I'll end up breaking even or if they add the extra reward a little cheaper. Thanks for all the help!!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How long have you had this plan? That cash flow is very confusing. It starts out fine from June 21 appearing to start from $0. Then your rewards. All good. Then it goes haywire that makes no sense. Just the first one suggests your plan might come to a total of $29. It's a mess. Did you make a manual payment on Aug 18th of $45? I hope the agent can figure this out.

@Lisa20  Consider this plan then 

Handy1_0-1692918876786.png

Lisa20

That's great but they have me on a higher plan although I never changed my plan myself 

CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION
$82.00
/ MONTH
  • 2 GB at 3G Speed
  • 30-day plan
  • Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US
  • Unlimited International Text

I want it to reflect my original plan so I can pay the proper amount and not have to carry a $30 credit forever. 

@Lisa20 !it should take for your credit ( available funds first ) 

Lisa20

it's still charging me the $82 but then I'm left with credit of $30. My assumption is they changed billing to take out the higher rate but after that they credit me for my proper rate. This keeps me $30 credit but in the hole.

Lisa20
10:21 AM
Purchased 1 + 1GB BONUS at 3G Speed, Unlimited Tal...
$52.00
Available Funds: $30.00

Aug 20, 2023

14:03 PM
Reward - Loyalty Recognition
$5.00
Available Funds: $82.00

Reward - AutoPay
$2.00
Available Funds: $77.00

Aug 18, 2023

05:38 AM
Credit or Visa Debit Top-Up
$45.00
+ $5.85 HST ON
Available Funds: $75.00

Download Receipt
Jul 22, 2023

13:08 PM
$52.00
+ $5.85 HST ON

Download Receipt
Jul 21, 2023

$5.00
Available Funds: $37.00

Reward - AutoPay
$2.00
Available Funds: $32.00

Jun 22, 2023

13:01 PM
$52.00
+ $9.75 HST ON

Download Receipt
Jun 21, 2023

$5.00
Available Funds: $7.00

Reward - AutoPay
$2.00
Available Funds: $2.00

@Lisa20 

what is your plan amount (Pre-tax)?

Can you login to My Account and post us screenshot of your  Payment history from June to now (or even May to now)? 

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history

Would like to see if it makes sense before asking you to check with support

@Lisa20  I don’t know how much data you get with that plan but there’s 20GB plan for $39 and you can keep old rewards . That plan won’t ever expire . If your interested change plan for next renewal .

Lisa20

I ended up paying the extra money. Two billing cycles later though and I'm still paying the $82 which is $30 more than I was. I get discounts for autopay and time accumulated on account since they started rewards. I've responded to the agent that sent me a message. Here's to hoping I don't have to find a new provider. 

@Lisa20  Your an original PM member wow good for you . Don’t thro in the towel now . You have that in available funds for next renewal . And an old rewards account is valuable in itself . I’d consider keeping it . And there’s been a bunch of new exciting plans that have been changing the last few months for example right now you can get 20GB for $39 and with your old reward account with no friend referrals you save $7 so that $39 becomes  $32 for 20GB 30 days that’s impressive 

Lisa20

It's sitting in available funds. They now have $30 of  my money for an extra  month that would be better suited in my  bank account. I've had to come to this community forum a few times in the past year or so. I appreciate how helpful all the community members  are.  I don't appreciate how pitiful the actual customer service has been. I should say complete  lack  of service as everything is cut paste self serve.   It's been a good run but I think after 12 years and mounting problems Im ready to find another  service provider. Thank you to the community for being helpful .

@Lisa20  balance or Available Fund?  If Available fund, it is a credit and can be used towards next renewal

don't go yet, open a ticket with support, this is something they can sort out quickly

Like the $2 Available fund below, it is a credit

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/overviewhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/overview

Lisa20

I paid  the ridiculous price  and now it shows an account balance of $30.  I will be  checking out lucky mobile or freedom mobile. The issues with this company have been getting worse. Having  no actual help is  a poor  way to  run a business.

@Lisa20 

If you don’t use data, you might want to switch over to the $15 plan with 250mb of data, 100 minutes of outgoing calls, unlimited incoming calls, unlimited texting. 
Or the $25 plan with 1gb of data, unlimited outgoing/incoming calling and unlimited texting.

You should create a Eversafe ID and login to your account and change your plan.

Lisa20

I  am paying the original price  of  the plan which has always been $52 I was never  given  any promotion. I have had my  account since 2010/2011

@Lisa20 again, it could be just after a missed payment, you need to pay the original price of the plan and the system will credit you back the difference

But if you want, message support and ask them first

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Lisa20

I  don't  actually use the data. And I do need us calling. I  am happy paying  the  52 a month that Ive been paying for years. I am just not willing to pay $80. I would rather take my business elsewhere.

@Lisa20  this is an old plan. 

Check the latest new plan, cheaper with more data

Understand that you need calling to US.  Download VoIP app TextNow and call for free. 

But new Canada-US plan , $50, should be coming soon.  Some people see it today

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/British-Columbia-finally-has-a-65-Canada-...

Lisa20
$82.00
/ MONTH
  • 2 GB at 3G Speed
  • 30-day plan
  • Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US
  • Unlimited International Text
  • what is showing. I have  had this account  since near when public  mobile started.  I have a grandfathered plan that I do not  wish to  change. Somehow my previous payments  of account are  nowhere to be found. I do not  want  to pay an  extra 40%  or so for a plan 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lisa20  There’s been many glitches today with usage value (data usage ) so please contact support to investigate hopefully it’s nothing worry about 

message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lisa20  the only time I see a price issue is with the $55 plan with the $20 discount.  Usually after a payment problem, people have to pay the original full price first, and the system will credit the discount back as Available Fund

you need to pay $52, what plan is that? 

You can pay first to resume service , then have support to investigate and credit you back .  Please open ticket by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.