cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE k83ca no mobile data

Iankotowich
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  1. Just like it says up there. Switched plans to one with data when I got this new device. Imagine how pissed I was after spending $55 and all the apps say no internet connection.  Tried the stupid robot wizard and it didn't help.  Open to suggestions.   How do you know if it's locked

edited by computergeek541: vulgar language removed as per terms of service

7 REPLIES 7

@Iankotowich wrote:

What do you mean by pm not support. What's the difference between that and a phone. Text and sms work just fine.

@Iankotowich   from my research , it looks like your tablet is a support device:

Band:  UMTS1900 (B2), UMTS 1700/2100 (B4) UMTS850 (B5) 

LTE1900 (B2), LTE1700/2100 (B4), LTE 850 (B5) , LTE2600 (B7), LTE700 (B12), LTE700 (B13), LTE1700/2100(B66)

And PM network uses these bands:

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

So, I guess just a bit or tweak and it should work.   Usually with data issue on a compatible device, it is just APN settings

First, try to click Reset Network settings and see if it works

If issue persists, please go to the APN screens and make screenshots and post here.  We can try to see what the issue is

EzBeinJay

If your phone was able to make/receive calls and send and receive texts then your phone is confirmed to be unlocked. It sounds like you need to change the APN settings in your phones menu system over to Public Mobiles APN settings. It should be easy to do if you do a quick search how to change your specific phones APN settings (Include the model # of your phone in the search term so you get phone specific information). You need to also search seperately for what Public Mobile has for their APN settings.

see how to  Reset Network Settings for ZTE

@Iankotowich   here how to Set up Internet - ZTE Android

and tried this,

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type:GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

and do turn off device and turn back on,

Iankotowich

Also who's behind needs a boot up it to get fully refunded  so I can ditch this network and its piss poor service.

Iankotowich

What do you mean by pm not support. What's the difference between that and a phone. Text and sms work just fine.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Iankotowich 

your device it's a tablet.. maybe it's PM not support.

Need Help? Let's chat.