cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Years of membership

Moni777
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Y’all

I've been with public mobile for YEARS. I was racking up reward points with my loyalty. Now the points system has been upgraded and I lost all my points with this account. How can this be rectified? My account says I’m a new member as of this year. 

4 REPLIES 4

ctrl_alt_del
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The biggest difference is that your loyalty reward has been cut drastically. I believe the old system rewarded your loyalty of up to $5/month (if you have been a customer for 5+ years), which equates to $60 savings per year. Now, you are just rewarded $10 per year. 

The 5% points-back that effectively replaces auto-pay is only beneficial to those who have plans that cost $40+.

The use of points to lower your payments can only be done when you've accumulated 15 points, which means that if you want to switch carriers, you need to plan accordingly in order to maximize your savings.

PM changing their minds and forcing all members to move to their new points system instead of giving old members a choice, as originally announced, has been disappointing. While their plans are still competitive, the benefits that used to separate PM from the competition has brought them down. Personally, there are now more, and even better options available, and I (along with my referrals) am in the process of moving away from PM.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Moni777  What plan are you on?  Except for the $15 plan there are some newer plans available in your account that may reduce your cost, like the $19 for 1GB at 4G speed which is cheaper and faster than the old $25 plan.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Moni777 everyone is now in Public Points. The "new member as of this year" likely just referring you are mee to Public Points. And honest, the year with PM no longer a matter to reward earning, we all earn in  the same pace now. Here are how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% back in point on your plan renewal or add-on purchases from credit card or vouchers
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will 10 points on your Anniversary day with PM every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

@Moni777 wrote:

I've been with public mobile for YEARS. I was racking up reward points with my loyalty. Now the points system has been upgraded and I lost all my points with this account. How can this be rectified? My account says I’m a new member as of this year. 

For the purposes of the points system, the number of years you've been a customer doesn't make a difference.

Need Help? Let's chat.