cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongly Suspended Account

dovahlicious
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent 

I have sent two private messages to the moderator team and both have been ignored. The first was yesterday afternoon and the second was this morning. In the snippet I read, I think from your AI bot, it said moderators try to reply within a couple hours. Why am I being ignored? I wasn't rude or abusive in my messages and they don't contain any foul language so I don't understand why no one has answered me. I explained in detail that for medical reasons I really need my phone and yet I have been ignored!

I paid my 3 month bill in full on April 12th. It was processed to renew my account on April 19th and 20th. Now it says I am suspended because my bill was due May 23rd and I didn't pay it! As I said, I require my phone for medical reasons. I am very ill, I am on oxygen and I am a shut-in. I sometimes require an ambulance or to contact people by phone, my phone is my life-line - literally! There have been other serious complications caused by my phone being cancelled without cause and without notice, some of which I mention in my 2 messages to the moderator team. 

I get sent text messages about my bill all the time so why did I not get a text saying my phone was being unjustly cancelled without cause? Public Mobile cannot possibly expect me to pay a 3 month bill 2 months in a row! That is insane and it is wrong. I refuse to pay them another 126$ 1 month after I just paid it! Because my phone was shut off without notice I missed the delivery of my very important medications yesterday morning. I am terminally ill, I now have had no medication for the pain since yesterday morning and I hurt beyond belief. I have no working phone now so I have no way to contact anyone.

My daughter, who I live with is in Montreal and won't return until Monday evening. I assured her I would be fine because I could call someone if I really needed help, right? I thought I could anyway. You know, because my bill was paid in full and not due again until July. July! Not May.

I am going to stop now because I am in pain, I am frustrated beyond belief and I am angry that my phone got cut off for no reason and that on top of my phone being wrongly suspended, I get ignored when I try to report it and work it out. I sent private messages because I wanted to keep my business out of the main forum but what shame is there in dying, right? We all have to do it eventually. I plan to hold on as long as I  can but right now, with the pain so bad because I missed my medication delivery, well... (**EDIT**) ... it's hard to hang in there and stay positive. But I'll be fine. I always am.

16 REPLIES 16

dovahlicious

@Anonymous oh really? I just thought it was regular maintenance time. Maybe they are fixing whatever has gone wrong. It's obvious their computer had a bit of a nervous breakdown and broke a lot of accounts lol

Regardless, some good came out of this for me. I learned about fongo.com and I learned how kind, helpful and wonderful at least some of the PM community are.

I am going to lay down now. Thanks for mentioning  that it isn't normal to have maintenance at this time.  I have hope my account may be fixed when I next check it. Have a great night《♡》.

dovahlicious

Thank you @kekly  That is far from good news. Maybe the reason they are so busy is because this has happened to many people and everyone is writing in complaining and asking for it to be fixed.

I am sorry to hear it has happened to you as well, it is a terrible thing. If you look back a few comments in this thread, @Luddite suggested a site called fongo.com. I checked it out and it sounds wonderful. Completely free calls within Canada and free texts to other fongo.com customers. Alternatively, you can pay a mere 5$ /month for unlimited Canada wide texting.

I did get a hold of my daughter finally and she contacted my pharmacist at home and around 5 AM tomorrow morning I will have my medication. Once I have that the wait will be nothing even tho it is still frustrating that I paid my bill on time as I always do and my service got axed, but you know that frustration. If I do need to contact someone I will use fongo.com.

I would seriously look at @Luddite 's post and check out fongo. Thank you so much for sharing your wait info with me so I know what to expect. I hope they get you up and running soon 《☆》.

dovahlicious

@Luddite thanks bunches for that link. I checked out fongo.com and it sounds great. I did finally get an answer from my daughter on messaging and I gave her my favourite pharmacist's home number (he is a friend also) and she called him at home and he said he would come here himself in the early AM and buzz the manager to let him in... she will because she knows him, he used to live in this same building... and he will bring me my meds around 5 AM. I am going to setup fongo.com and use it tho. Not sure if I'll port my number and forward it tho, I might just make sure everyone important has the secondary number in their phones or on file.

Thank you so much for that tho, it was extremely thoughtful of you to share it 《♡》.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dovahlicious wrote:

@dabr thank you for commenting. You helped convince me to go check it out but I was too late, maintenance started. Will try it again afterwards. 

Well that was unannounced. Jeez. It better be fixing these ridiculous autopay problems.

DON'T FUTZ WITH THE MONEY PUBLIC MOBILE! Make it right!

dovahlicious

@dabr thank you for commenting. You helped convince me to go check it out but I was too late, maintenance started. Will try it again afterwards. 

dovahlicious

@Dunkman I went a while ago to try this and I was pressing the "suspend account" button but nothing was happening. When I tried to change pages to then go back to it, a message said the site is having maintenance lol. For some reason I don't think I should be buying any lottery tickets any time soon lol

I got into trying to play ESO for a bit, did a 1 person dungeon... couldn't kill the stupid bird boss tho //sigh...

I think I'm going to lay down for a bit, not feeling well. I doubt the moderators can do anything to help me while the site is down. Thank you and I will try this again when maintenance is done 《☆》.

kekly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just want to add that it's not just you - I paid for 90 day cycle in April, but service has been cut off in May due to my account being suspended for "non-payment".

I sent a PM to Mods a couple of days ago and have yet to hear from them. It does sound like they are busy at the moment in addition to being the weekend, but your situation is quite urgent and I hope that they resolve your case soon!

Edit:

Tried the lost/stolen phone trick but no luck.

@dovahlicious No service after paying is the worst situation, especially when the moderators a slow to respond. 

I have two thoughts on your situation:

1. For the immdiate future while waiting for the moderators to cure the problem consider trying an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.
  2. As far as switching providers goes, there are no guarantees. Even landlines are less dependable than I thought. This may aid your deliberations: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693

Good luck, hope it's resolved soon.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Dunkman wrote:

@dovahlicious 

If you don't feel comfortable, then don't worry about it.  

I have been lucky with Public Mobile as I have had no issues.  I have never needed to use this trick.  

However, I was one of the first people to discover the trick though.  It is basically one of the standard tricks that us customers have used to try to troubleshoot plans.  

I can't guarantee that it will restart your account/plan.  But, I can say that it will do no harm to your account or phone.  

Here is the original thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

@Dunkman  Thanks for discovering this 'trick', it really does help but after having to use it myself recently, I found that it needed the phone to be rebooted for it to complete, or maybe it was just necessary for my particular issue:), and I would just say to @dovahlicious it won't change anything in your account, but it's worth a try.

@dovahlicious 

If you don't feel comfortable, then don't worry about it.  

I have been lucky with Public Mobile as I have had no issues.  I have never needed to use this trick.  

However, I was one of the first people to discover the trick though.  It is basically one of the standard tricks that us customers have used to try to troubleshoot plans.  

I can't guarantee that it will restart your account/plan.  But, I can say that it will do no harm to your account or phone.  

Here is the original thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

dovahlicious

@Dunkman  thank you for your kind reply. Your suggestion sounds kinda risky. What if it remains suspended after I choose found my phone and it makes it even harder for them to reinstate it?

Have you, personally used this technique before and had it work for you?

@dovahlicious 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Hopefully, moderator will respond to your request soon.  

If you want to try a few things, as community members and fellow customers, we can try to help you before moderator respond.  

For example, you can try the lost and stolen phone trick, which may help to reset your plan.  It does no harm to  your phone or plan.  It has solve many problems in the past.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  

If you don't feel comfortable, that is fine also.  Moderators will be able to help the best, but wait times are the issue.  

dovahlicious

@GinYVR ... your passive aggressive reply didn't help me in the least. Some people are here because a higher monthly bill would be a hardship. While I am thankful that Public Mobile offers such low cost plans, perhaps they could get their crap together and not suspend an account that is paid in full and not due for another 2 months. Then I wouldn't need support of any kind right now.

I sincerely hope that you never find yourself in my position. Have a lovely Saturday evening. 

dovahlicious

Thank you @MandyJ . The AI said a couple hours but a bit longer if they were busy. I didn't think that translated into a couple days but now that I know that I will try harder to be patient. If my daughter weren't away this week it would be much less of an issue because I could get my meds and use her phone

I appreciate your kind and informative reply 《♡》.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dovahlicious  Moderators seem to take anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days to respond. They've been quite backed up lately, so I'd say a couple days is much more likely. It's likely not that you are being ignored, but rather that your message just hasn't reached the top of the queue yet. Hopefully you hear back from them real soon. I know how much of an inconvenience it can be to have no service, especially for someone in your situation.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Hello @dovahlicious Just to let you know Moderators can take up to 48 hours to respond to your messages depending on their work load. If your wellbeing is tied to the phone line may I suggest you move to a provider which offers more comprehensive support services at a higher monthly cost.

Need Help? Let's chat.