cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong company name on Master Card statements

chappyshiba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been with Public Mobile for 3 months.

I noticed today that there is a different company name on my statement, This is what is looks like on my Master Card statement:

"PUBLIC MOBILE VANCOUVER BC

xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

PUBLIC PARKING GARAGE

Communications, Telecommunications Equipment

604-953-3333"

The above is Coast Mountain Bus Company in Surrey BC. I checked on previous statements and it the same for the past 3 months. Why does this business show up and how does it get change to Public Mobile on my Master Card?

17 REPLIES 17

Good luck.

Ever been in the middle? MC will tell you to contact PM. MC is not the debtor.  PM is, any changes have to come from them. 

However,  if you tell MC, i belive they do have an obligation to look into it. So they should then contact the merchant (pm) on behalf of the complainant, you.

But thank you  @chappyshiba for bring up this topic. I hope it works for us who wants it changed also.

hi @99guy 

please go ahead and call and report back good news? or report back i am right  🙂

chappyshiba

Update: Had an exchange with a PM worker. PM is getting my money, but as others have said, they asked me to contact MasterCard to get them to change the category or whatever. I might contact MC, but maybe not. If I do, I'll update this thread to let everyone known the outcome. Thanks for all the answers/suggestions. 

99guy

You aren't asking for change. You're asking for info or why the mistake posting a wrong merchant so MC won't post it wrong again.

hi @99guy MC won't make the change if it came from end users like us.  Have to come from PM for vendor info change 

99guy

Contact MasterCard. They'll look into it for you.

I wouldn't contact MC as they will tell you it's nothing to do with them.

I also wouldn't contact PM as they will probably wouldn't have a clue. They also wouldn't change as  any change cost money which they won't want to spend. For them it probably affects 1% of their customers. Too expensive.  

But, you have to do what YOU feel is best for YOU.

It should be correct and if we don't speak up and demand!! it, nothing will ever change!!

chappyshiba

OK, I sent them a message following the link you posted. Thx. See what happens.

HI @chappyshiba 

If you want to help everyone here :),  try contact PM instead.  MC won't change a vendor name/info because we call.  So, submit ticket with CS agent.   Please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

chappyshiba

So my best bet would be to contact MasterCard and see if they can change it somehow? (I'm getting nowhere with the PM chatbot.) Or I can just forget about it and hope that all future payments go to PM and not Coast Mountain Bus Company. 😑

HI @chappyshiba 

they usually put the 1-800 # for Telus on my bill.  It could be they have the wrong phone number on the file and hence to linked up to Bus Garage.   This problem has been for years, don't think Telus is going to call credit card to fix it.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I wouldn't worry too much about it. However,  in circumstances such as this it is the Mecrchant Category Code, MCC. MCC's are assigned to every type of purchases  such as resurants, gas, transportation,  retail, telecommunications  etc. , etc. 

It is each businesses responsibility to ensure they are using the correct codes. Credit Card companies such as Visa and Mastercards do not assign or change codes. They simply charge you what they are submitted from the company such as Public Mobile. 

You can contact your bank and ask them to look into the MCC for this charge. More than likely they will tell you to contact Public Mobile to fix.

I HIGHLY  doubt that Public Mobile will care to as the payments are going to the 'correct place.'

Hope this will help you.

chappyshiba

I understand that the money is going to Public Mobile. Does Telus/Public Mobile own Coast Mountain Bus?

That's what the phone number is for.

604-953-3333

Meow
Mayor / Maire

That is all right. I have the same 'issue' but be assured your money went to correct company - PM

chappyshiba

OK Thanks, but how do I get it changed to Public Mobile? Do I contact Mastercard?

Does everyone have the Public Parking Garage on their credit card statements? 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@chappyshiba  no worries both are public mobile . Have seen others  question this before . And turned out to be legitimate 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @chappyshiba 

the company name was not wrong.  The "parking garage" was showing because somehow the credit card put Public Mobile in the wrong category.  Many seen this and mentioned about that issue.  So, no worries, it was a legit transaction 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.