cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong charges = DATA ADD ON

Mark101
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been chaged for 1G Data add on that I DID NOT want. Please respond.

27 REPLIES 27

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Mark101

The explanation from other members is correct. Based on the screenshot you posted, it seems that your were impacted by the system glitch taking place on April 23rd. Plan got early expired and seems that a manual payment, not an automatic payment, was made to renew the plan. Therefore, you were credited the extra amount you had to paid, which is the $45 "system issue" credit that you see at the top.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused, as it was an unexpected situation.

You can leave the $45 credit on your account, so it can be used towards your next month renewal, or if you want a refund, you'll have to contact us privately in order to do so.

Sincerely,
Public Mobile Moderator Team

@Mark101 wrote:

This is my plan.ww.JPG

😉 If this was my plan it would be like this only 'til end of this billing cycle. For what I use my 1GB (see my post above) I'm honestly unable to tell the difference from full speed LTE... Since the difference is not noticable in my usage pattern, I personally would not pay $20 more for full speed LTE.

@srlawren wrote:

@geopublic I misread your data portion; my point about the $10 part is still valid:  Mark101 is not on the Talk & Text plan, he's on a data-only plan (a pick-and-pay plan with a single service).  

@srlawren 

I think I have to disagree with you here. If I'm not totally off my rocker, @Mark101  is on the legacy $45 plan with 1GB, Canada wide calling and texting*. Their payment history shows $4 loyalty reward = 4+ years with Public Mobile.

Also, my transaction history doesn't mention talk and text, which is clearly included in my plan. So, while I see where you are coming from with the data only statement, and haven't been on a pick and pay plan for about a year and therefore don't have a screen shot for the scenario, I don't think the argument is water tight...

Screenshot_2019-04-25 Public Mobile - Change Plan.pngScreenshot_2019-04-25 Public Mobile - Transaction History(1).png

* Edit: only saw their screen shot, which rounds out the hints in my favour, after posting this.

Mark101

This is my plan.ww.JPG

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic I misread your data portion; my point about the $10 part is still valid:  Mark101 is not on the Talk & Text plan, he's on a data-only plan (a pick-and-pay plan with a single service).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mark101

great, thank you

@srlawren wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Mark101From the screenshot above I don't see a 1GB add-on. It shows payment for your $45 plan which consists of $10 Talk & Text and $35.00 for 1GB of data. It shows that on Apr 23 you were billed twice so a credit of $45.00 was provided to your account. Am I missing something?

@geopublic you have misinterpreted the transaction history.  That $10 is not the $10 talk & text plan, it is the $10 base charge for a 30 day pick-and-pay plan; the $35 for 1GB of data is not an add-on, it is the 30 day charge for 1GB of full-speed LTE data, and together they add up to $45 for 30 days. 

@srlawren  Who said anything about an add-on? I was referring to the breakdown of his $45 plan. My response is below. The OP mentioned an add-on.

@Mark101From the screenshot above I don't see a 1GB add-on. It shows payment for your $45 plan which consists of $10 Talk & Text and $35.00 for 1GB of data. It shows that on Apr 23 you were billed twice so a credit of $45.00 was provided to your account. Am I missing something?

@Mark101 wrote:

When do you suggest i should change the plan for a smooth transition? thanks again

@Mark101, go to the plan change interface now and choose the desired plan.  If you're on a desktop computer web browser, you will see a button at the bottom on the right that says change on next renewal.  This will let you finish your current cycle, then get the new plan going forward.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@geopublic you have misinterpreted the transaction history.  That $10 is not the $10 talk & text plan, it is the $10 base charge for a 30 day pick-and-pay plan; the $35 for 1GB of data is not an add-on, it is the 30 day charge for 1GB of full-speed LTE data, and together they add up to $45 for 30 days. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mark101

When do you suggest i should change the plan for a smooth transition? thanks again

Mark101

thank you for letting me know this. i appreciate it

Mark101

Thanks

Mark101

Thank you.

BTW, @Mark101... if you are a very light data user, you should switch to an in-market plan to save a considerable amount of money. **

As of this morning (1pm ET on April 25) you get 1GB*, Canada wide calling and international texts.

- click "change plan"

- scroll down to and click "build your own plan"

- choose "30days", "canada wide", "international" and "500MB + 500MB auto pay bonus"

- with the "choose 3 features" discount it shows $25 for me

- click "future date" on the right hand side so that the plan will be changed by the system on your next renewal (you'd forfeit any remaining features / balances if you change immediately, no refunds)

* The data is still delivered over the fast response LTE network, but the down / upload speed is capped to 3Mbps. It's absolutely adequate for anything other than big file download, HD video and playing real time games. Which, I gather from your statement, you don't do over data.

** Edited to add that they could remove that particular plan from the plan builder at any time. I recommend initiating the future dated plan change now, as long as that plan is still available at that price. If it's locked in with a future dated plan change, the system honours it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mark101 

It's the flow of the money.

You started out with a balance of $12. The autopay then took $33 to get to your $45 plan cost. Then the plan components get deducted off of that. Then there was the spurious charge of $45 and what appeared to be an early renewal. Then there was the credit back of that $45 to the account. But that doesn't go to your credit card...just the account.

@Mark101 wrote:

Thank you for your response.

Here are the charges on my card.

My usual month payment with tax is $50.85.

Then I have no idea what the $37.29 is ????Capture2.JPG

I agree with @geopublic , the $37.29 is $33 + 13% tax.

The second charge must have happened during the glitch earlier this week. But: There is a $45 credit in your payment history that off sets this charge completely. Your available funds on the self serve landing page should show $45 and it's yours and will be applied for the next renewal.

@Mark101 wrote:

@Mark101I'm assuming that is the Automatic Top up for $33  you made plus tax?

Mark101

@Mark101 wrote:

I want the charge on my card taken off. I've never purchased an add on ever and hardly use data (never reached 1G). Thank you for responding.Capture.JPG

Mark101

I've been on a $45.00 plan for years. The $37.00 charge is the 1Gig data add on that I did not request.

@Mark101, you've made an immediate change to your plan, 2 days after paying for a $37 plan, you changed to a $45 plan.

The 1 GB of data is part of the plan you've changed to.

Mark101

Thank you for the link.

Mark101

I want the charge on my card taken off. I've never purchased an add on ever and hardly use data (never reached 1G). Thank you for responding.Capture.JPG

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think @Lieux means that you should post a screenshot showing the data add-on present and anything else that might be helpful but redacting any personal information (eg. name/number/etc). 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Mark101 wrote:

Would you mind to post a screenshot of your payment page to see exactly what could have been wrong? ANY personal information.

CanadianStoner

Are you saying someone else did this?

I would contact a moderator here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mark101 wrote:

Did you go about buying ANY add-ons? Maybe you selected it by mistake.

Need Help? Let's chat.