cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plan doesn't work!

kenh1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched to $34.00 plan which includes US coverage and more data. Now doesn't work at all in Canada! New service offers 5G speed. Does the fact that my phone doesn't offer 5G make the difference? I have reverted to my old plan until I can figure out what is going wrong with the new plan. Thanks for any insights.

4 REPLIES 4

kenh1

That's correct, no network connection. I reverted to another plan thinking it was the incompatible 5G issue. After a reboot of the phone (suggested by another) it seems to be now working. Thanks for your advice. I probably panicked and didn't realize the consequences.

kenh1

The reboot seems to have done the trick. Many thanks.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kenh1 , what do you mean that your plan does not work at all in Canada?  Are you saying you have no network connections because that is how I would interpret does not work.  If you referring to a 5G connection, any plan gives you access to a 5G connection provided your hardware is compatible and there is 5G coverage locally.  Changing plans back and forth is going to cost you extra money for no good reason.  The $34 CAN-US plan provides solid value unless you don't need US roaming and you can get by with a cheaper plan with less usage.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @kenh1 

you  don't need a 5G phone, the plan is more a 5G speed plan and you can use it on 4G or LTE network

so, voice works or not? just not data?

reboot the phone first, then Reset All Networks and test again

You can also try your sim card on another phone 

if still does not work, ask support agent to refresh your account

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.