cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Plan

Gyrojerry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed to the wrong plan 2 days ago (2022.12.21) but it did not register to my account.  So I changed to the correct plan today.  BUT the payment history shows charges for both plans.  Pls credit my account with the amount dated on 2022.12.21.

Gyrojerry  

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Gyrojerry 

It's good that you have found the community to seek help as you have put yourself in quite the conundrum. From your post it sounds as though you changed plans but you made an error and chose the wrong one (maybe the $40/5gb plan when you meant to change to the $40/15gb plan.) However due to the caching problem the new self serve accounts have when you checked your account it appeared as though the change of plan you thought you made didn't occur so you changed to the correct plan only to discover that in fact you had made the incorrect change once you checked your payment history.

Technically there are no refunds with prepaid service. But there is an expectation with an online only mobile provider that the info displayed in your self serve account is correct. How would you know that there is a caching problem and you would need to log into your account using secret/incognito mode to see up to date information? Given that there are issues with paying to reactivate and downloading a reciept/invoice that looks like you paid but in fact you have not because the total paid says $0.00. But you can also change plans immediately, pay and download a reciept that says total paid $0.00 but in fact your account balance has been debited and your plan changed and a new 30 day cycle started. Since there are many issues with the correct messaging and information pm communicates to its customers it's understandable that you have made the error that you have.

I would contact customer support and explain the honest mistake that you have made, why you were confused and how the inadequacies of the functionality of your self serve account led you to making another immediate plan change. Appeal to the CSA for a credit to your account for the extra plan amount that you paid (or the lesser of the two) or a partial amount to account for the couple of days between plan changes. You are at the mercy of the CSA but if you understand that it's a one time credit and you now know that it's preferable to schedule a plan change on next renewal and to log into your account using secret/incognito mode in order to ensure that you are viewing current info you may be able to recieve a credit. It's YMMV but worth the time to at ask for a credit. 

To contact customer support you can find the links in the following post. You can submit a support ticket via SIMon or send a private message where you can explain your situation better.....if you choose this read the spoiler first. Good Luck!

Next time come to the community first and ask for advice or your question if you are unsure so you can avoid the mistakes before they happen rather try to get them fixed afterwards. 🙂

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

@Handy1 wrote:

@Gyrojerrywhen you change your plan on the spot you dont get a refund because it’s a pre paid service . So in the future when you decide to change plans you should change on renewal so you don’t lose out on any prepaid service you purchased 

In addition to that, there's a warning message on the screen wehen attempting an immediate plan change.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Gyrojerrywhen you change your plan on the spot you dont get a refund because it’s a pre paid service . So in the future when you decide to change plans you should change on renewal so you don’t lose out on any prepaid service you purchased 

Need Help? Let's chat.