cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Plan was added by rep??!!

YOURFRIEND4EVA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I got my service and the rep at the retail store messed up and added $35 plan when it should've been the $40 plan.  I tried to create a community account shortly after several times, but i kept getting an authentication error. I just finally got an account from another device but how do I correct the plan? Can someone please help me ?!

sorry im new to public mobile.

thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9

@HALIMACS wrote:

@esjliv 

Yes you're correct about the online vs. retail activations. Good catch!

I believe it may have been @Dunkman (???) who suggested on the original "more the merrier" thread that the promotion's extended to early January.

@HALIMACS 

The announcement is gone, but on PM front page, the boxing week sale is still being advertised with new  end date of January 4.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/

@esjliv 

Yes you're correct about the online vs. retail activations. Good catch!

I believe it may have been @Dunkman (???) who suggested on the original "more the merrier" thread that the promotion's extended to early January.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@darkomega wrote:

Wild shot in the dark, but I bet the rep who helped you was thinking "the plan closest to 40$" when you said 40$ plan lol, regardless follow the other replies on how to change the plan yourself, and welcome to public mobile.

One never knows what happens with a retail activation... I do hope the OP used a referral code and the rep added the 2GBBONUS...

@HALIMACS  - that 2GBBONUS states for online activations. Also, activations by end of December 28th...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-of-monthly-bonus-data-fo...

Was there an update I missed and this promo is still going on or something, anyone know?

IF not, this should be Over and Done with.

But hey, if it is still being advertised...why not try and use it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YOURFRIEND4EVA 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

if you miss it to use a Refer-A-Friend code and the monthly bonus for 2GB

code ( 2GBBONUS ) only them can Add for you and also to fix it your plan,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

* that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB, just to you know.

@darkomega wrote:

Wild shot in the dark, but I bet the rep who helped you was thinking "the plan closest to 40$" when you said 40$ plan lol, regardless follow the other replies on how to change the plan yourself, and welcome to public mobile.

One never knows what happens with a retail activation... I do hope the OP used a referral code and the rep added the 2GBBONUS...

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

This is not a big deal!

If your account is active and you are on $35 plan, just schedule plan change ON NEXT RENEWAL to $40. I hope you can live 30 days with 3GB instead of 4GB.

Do not change plan 'now'!

Can you log in into your PM account? Obviously you did create community account since your post is here... PM account and Community accounts are two different one. Use the same email for both in order to collect (potential) rewards posting and helping others here.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@YOURFRIEND4EVA wrote:

Hi everyone,

I got my service and the rep at the retail store messed up and added $35 plan when it should've been the $40 plan.  I tried to create a community account shortly after several times, but i kept getting an authentication error. I just finally got an account from another device but how do I correct the plan? Can someone please help me ?!

thanks in advance

@YOURFRIEND4EVA  - FYI - plans are the cost, plus taxes...so just making sure you know that before anything else.

If you change your plan immediately, you will forfeit any funds you already prepaid for the $35 plan.

In your case, might I suggest you contact Customer Support Agents for help to change your plan from the $35 to the $40 plan, so that it can take effect right away without any extra funds other that the $5 plus taxes (of course).

But, you would have to state your case about the retail location making the error.

Two methods to contact Customer Support Agents (CSA) here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@YOURFRIEND4EVA wrote:

Hi everyone,

thanks in advance

@YOURFRIEND4EVA 

Register for self-serve here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/create-a-self-serve-account

Then here’s the process for changing plans, first login to Self Serve to this screen:

Then, click Change Plan:

HALIMACS_0-1640913742953.png

Then select desired Plan:

HALIMACS_1-1640913742958.png

Then choose Change on Next Renewal Date:

HALIMACS_2-1640913742954.png

Need Help? Let's chat.