cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't connect

MajPayne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just installed a new SIM and phone won't connect to network and there's no support.

Any chance getting help?

18 REPLIES 18

@MajPayne wrote:

Im an idiot, I needed to restart the phone 🙈 thanks everyone. Have a great day.

@MajPayne 

That is great to hear.  Welcome to public mobile.  I did mention a reboot of the phone earlier. As long as everything is working, that is great.  

That is odd. It seems you were able to pick a phone number cause it wants to send it to you. And for some reason it doesn't want to send to your email. Crazy system. 

Maybe it's time to reach out to a CS Agent to fix that for you. Here's the link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Just know that due to these new promo's that came out, there is about a 12 hour wait time. Don't let that detour you. These prices are awesome. And once you're in, you'll love it.

MajPayne

Im an idiot, I needed to restart the phone 🙈 thanks everyone. Have a great day.

@MajPayne wrote:

I just bought a new phone and got a new sim card at the store. 

🙂

hi @MajPayne 

esim or physical sim?

MajPayne

I did that about 50 times now haha

MajPayne

new number.

@MajPayne wrote:

yes! i did the activation via the app (using wifi).
Now its asking me to verify the account via text message. 
But i cant connect to network to receive the txt.

@MajPayne 

Did you choose a new phone number?  Or port over a number?  

keep clicking on Resend Code

MajPayne

MajPayne_0-1708884240553.pngMajPayne_1-1708884249397.png

this is where im stuck. Phone wont connect to network.

MajPayne

yes! i did the activation via the app (using wifi).
Now its asking me to verify the account via text message. 
But i cant connect to network to receive the txt.

HI @MajPayne 

is the QR code ask you to download the PM app?  if it is , downlload it via Wifi and finish the activation, you are not done yet if you have not got to phone number choosing or porting phone number

@MajPayne wrote:

I bought the plan and now they asking to confirm a code via text message but my phone wont connect to the public mobile network.

@MajPayne 

Did you download the Public mobile app to finish the activation?  

Oh. Ya. That happens often. Here, try this.

Can’t get the 6 digit 2FA code to your phone?

First, sign into your account at www.publicmobile.ca and use the email you signed up with and the password. If it asks you for a 6 digit code, it will say at the top left CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY.- Enter the 6- digit code sent to *********.  But it’s not working!!! As you see by the screenshot below, 1. Click the This is a trusted device. 2. Didn’t get the code? Click on that.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1708883960099.png

Then, the next window that pops up is this.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1708883960112.png

Click on Send email. Here it will send you the 6 digit code to the email you registered with. This step is very important. Do not just copy and paste. Enter each digit using your keypad.

You should now be able to get into your account.

Created by Chalupa Batman

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@MajPayne 

More details would be helpful. Community members on the forum are customers like yourself.  Offering troubleshooting advice. Unable to access account information. 

New customer?  Did you port over your number?  If new activation, did you finish your activation via the PM app.  Physical SIM versus eSIM? The more details the better. 

Sometimes a simple reboot of phone solves the problem. 

MajPayne

I bought the plan and now they asking to confirm a code via text message but my phone wont connect to the public mobile network.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

First and foremost, did you log into your account to change your account to the new SIM card number?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @MajPayne 

physical sim card? 

do you have another phone to test?  Try click Reset All networks

if esim, make sure you removed all other physical sim card

if still not able to connect, probably just setup problem, CS agent can help.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Need Help? Let's chat.