cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

LisaC1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have tried to update my expiring credit card multiple times over multiple days.

Error Sorry, we’re not able to process this request at this time. Please try again later.

Help!

12 REPLIES 12

on2wheels
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just got off the phone with CIBC visa services and they say my card is not being blocked at their end, and that it's the vendor who is blocking it.  It's a new Dividend visa I just got a few months ago.  So the ball is back in PM's court.  I've sent a private message to customer service, in the meantime I've got one phone being billed to a Mastercard and for now my account is billing to my visa with the old expiry date on file.

Note: imessage will still work on iphones here even if your account is suspended while they sort this credit card issue out.

@LisaC1 did you get anywhere with this? I finally got a reply back from customer service:

There is currently a known issue regarding the payment method update for some accounts.

When customers are trying to update the payment information, they get the error that you mentioned.

We do not know exactly when the issue is going to be fixed but the Tech Team is engaged and they are working to find a solution.

At the moment, what we can try to do is remove the current card information from your account and then you can try to add the new information on your self-serve profile.

I'm not going to remove the card for fear it can't be added back, going to wait this out until August when the mastercard is going to expire.

@IhatethisSOmuch wrote:

Same thing is happening with me. I’ve been trying to update my info since January and can’t.  They’ve cut off my service now and I STILL can’t do anything.  No answers from the assistance request either.

I think I’m done with this BS company. 

@IhatethisSOmuch 

Frustrating indeed.  There was a general outage for updating credit card in early December, but supposedly, it was fixed.  

If you have no service right now, I would recommend purchasing a payment voucher to get your service back active.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Issues-Updating-Credit-Cards/t...

You can try the troubleshooting advice in my earlier post. 

By chance, is your credit card postal code matching your phone's area code?

IhatethisSOmuch

Same thing is happening with me. I’ve been trying to update my info since January and can’t.  They’ve cut off my service now and I STILL can’t do anything.  No answers from the assistance request either.

I think I’m done with this BS company. 

on2wheels
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try a different card. My new visa won't work here but my old mastercard does. I had this same issue with two phone accounts.

Through no fault of your own, you are not able to update the info at this time. However,  at some point in time your service will stop working. No calls or texts. 

You dont want to wait until it stops to start scrambling. Just got to keep trying untill successful. 

So no, not free. 

@LisaC1 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Community members here on the forum are customers like yourself.  Offering advice to other customers.  

If your account is suspended and you need it active right away, the quickest way is to purchase a payment voucher  as mentioned before.  Online vouchers also can be purchased but a service fee is involved (ie. recharge.com)

Almost daily, customers are having the same issue updating their credit cards. 

Here is some more troubleshooting advice from PM:

If you are still experiencing issues with your card please note these details:

• Log out of your account and relog in before updating your card
  • If you attempted to update the same card multiple times please try again tomorrow or today with a different card as there is a daily limit on update attempts for security purposes. 
  • Make sure that your credit card postal code matches your phone number's area code
  • As always, please be sure that you are inputting the correct card details

Website is also finicky.  You can try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Or try a different device.  

By chance, is your credit card postal code match your phone's area code.  Just wondering if this is the issue for some customers.  

@LisaC1  .we are just customers like you trying to help . You can use the link I sent in last reply to message support . But you can also buy payment vouchers from shell gas 7-11 or shoppers or for a fee recharge.com and load it *611 to resume services right away 

LisaC1

No other suggestions????

How do I pay you????

@LisaC1  Sorry just use this direct link to support them 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LisaC1

I have already waited over 24 hours!!!!! (As stated in my first message!)

Incognito does not work.

So I get my plan for free from now on for forever????

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LisaC1  Best to wait 24 hours and try again incognito private mode or from the app instead . But if in a hurry you can buy payment vouchers and load them *611 you buy these at shell gas 7-11 shoppers or for a fee recharge.com and resume services right away . If nothing works pleases submit ticket with support to assist 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LisaC1 

f credit card update does not work the first time and you don't need to make a payment urgently, wait 24 hours and try again.  Also, please try using BOTH browser and Public Mobile App, some reported they have success after trying with the different method to access My Account. 
When you test with browser, try using Incognito mode
When you test with app and if app was already installed, uninstall it first, clear the cache for your default browser on the phone, then reboot the phone and reinstall the app

Also, while PM is not sending name/address info to credit card for posting payment, it looks like they still have some kind of validation now when updating new credit card.   So, make sure you have the correct address and postal code on your My Account's Profile and match those on your credit card.  Also, check the name on your profile.  If you have a very long name, maybe try shortening it with initials.

And, if you need to make payment urgently to resume service, you can get a voucher from SDM/London Drug/711/Shell and then load the voucher using *611 on your phone (or 1.855.4PUBLIC from another phone) to resume service first and then try updating the card again later

If still unable to get the credit card updated after multiple attempts, best to open ticket with PM support:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.