cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With autopay, should Due date be same as payment date?

keepasa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I just configured autopay but one thing that concerns me in the overview page where it says:

Payment Due Before: Nov 3, 2021

You are currently registered for dynamic Autopay
Next Payment Taken: Nov 3, 2021

My question is it says due BEFORE Nov 3rd but the autopay will be on the 3rd which will be late. Shouldn't the credit card payment be on the 2nd perhaps?

10 REPLIES 10

Yes @keepasa , for some people here, they would go to this hybrid-Autopay model.  They have Autopay enabled so they can get the Autopay discount.  Then they keep track of the due date and manually top up enough money for the coming cycle.  This could avoid any  Autopay failure and could assure uninterrupted service.   

keepasa

@hairbag1  Yup makes sense when you put it that way.  Another likely useful insurance can be to make a one time payment using the registered CC of $1 to make sure credit card is linked properly (at least in the beginning).  I think that can bring some peace of mind to some people and myself included. 

@keepasa...as @softech has suggested...your phone will be fully functional during the renewal process. I only brought it to you attention so you don't think something drastic has occurred. The first time you see it....it can give you a bit of a startle.

No worry, I understand it is scary to see it showing plan is Expired on the night before renewal, in your case would be in the evening of Nov 2 and could be as early as 6pm EST.   But the service will be fully functioning.  Just that PM systems need to flag your account so it can start process the payment.  As long as your autopay is setup and PM able to get the money without issue, the whole process would be seamless. 

Usually at around 6am EST , your account will be updated with Active.  However, it could be as late as 12noon from some reports in the last little while.  

So, in short, if Autopay goes through successfully, you wouldn't get any service interruption.  If there is issue with Autopay, you will get a text and your service might stop in the morning.

keepasa

@hairbag1  Thanks for the info.  However, what happens if I receive a text during the night when things are suspended or expired?  Will incoming outgoing calls and SMS work throughout the night?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@keepasa wrote:

Hi,

I just configured autopay but one thing that concerns me in the overview page where it says:

Payment Due Before: Nov 3, 2021

You are currently registered for dynamic Autopay
Next Payment Taken: Nov 3, 2021

My question is it says due BEFORE Nov 3rd but the autopay will be on the 3rd which will be late. Shouldn't the credit card payment be on the 2nd perhaps?

Officially, the payment would be taken at 2 AM eastern time (on Nov 3 in your case), but lately it could happen up to 6 hours later, like the last time I renewed.

@keepasa....if you stay awake to watch that magic happen...don't be upset when you see your account show as Expired or Suspended.  Your phone should still work and the renewal process will be successfully completed when you get up in the morning. You'll get a text message from PM thanking you for your payment.

keepasa

Thanks, so I guess during the night of Nov 2nd going into Nov 3rd is where all the magic happens.  Yes I do agree the wording needs to be changed.  It would also calm and avoid many future new customer concerns on this issue.  Sounds good then.  crossing fingers

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@keepasa..at around midnight on the 2nd of Nov...your plan will renew itself.

If there's no $$ in Available Funds, it'll take $$ from your on file credit card and you'll get $2 reward.

eg: $15 plan minus $2 is $13 plus taxes

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@keepasa true, the wording is confusing.   your cycle end date is Nov 2th.  they will take money out on the morning of Nov 3 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.