cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi usage

EmK1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an iPhone and since switching to Public Mobile last week my WiFi usage at home has jumped dramatically, and most of the usage seems to be passive, while I am sleeping. The same does not happen if I am on data. I have narrowed down that the usage is coming from my phone, nowhere or nobody else. Any ideas why this could be? I have checked all the settings I can think of for automatic downloads etc. I have also looked for an app that will track and breakdown my WiFi usage by app but have not need able to find one. 

4 REPLIES 4

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@EmK1 

https://devicetests.com/how-to-check-wi-fi-data-usage-on-iphone

This link talks about a free app available for iphone on the Apple Store. I don’t use it myself as I have no issues but just thought I’d share this with you as you mentioned you were looking for an app.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @EmK1  Wifi usage would be the app on your phone and nothing to do with PM neteork

the only possible thing you can suspect is PM app, but I dont see any unusual activity with this app. But you can try uninstall it first 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@EmK1 

We put our phones on airplane mode when we sleep and also disable background updates on apps we rarely use.

PM also updates your usage twice a day. Around noon and midnight but this shouldn’t affect your wifi.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM has nothing to do with your WiFi usage.

If you keep it on all the time some apps just love to be connected and do downloads, updates, etc. all the time.
If your data (not WIFi) has increased during night, again some apps might do so updates.

Need Help? Let's chat.