cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won’t my Esim transfer to my new iphone?

KatrinaPriest
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It gives me the message of “Please contact public mobile”. 

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@KatrinaPriest , the iPhone e-SIM transfer function has not been adopted by Public Mobile.  Public Mobile has chosen to have customer obtain a new e-SIM each time when switching phones.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KatrinaPriest 

eSIM cannot be moved.  BUT Luckily, you can get a replacement for FREE

To rebuy new eSIM for FREE, first, download the app on your new phone.  Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

Existing eSIM users at Public Mobile who need a replacement can do so at no extra cost. When you request a new eSIM through the usual process, we automatically identify you as an existing eSIM user and waive the replacement fee. See below for steps on how to get your new eSIM.

eSIM cards at Public Mobile aren't transferable. You'll need a new eSIM and that can be arranged from within your Public Mobile self serve account.

Need Help? Let's chat.