cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my Credit Card charged more that $15?

Jessica7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just joined, and am on the $15 plan. Looking at my credit card I was charged $16.95, why is that. When I go on the Public Mobile payment history it still says I was charged only $15. 

I know maybe there is tax or what ever, but then it should show that amount on my Public Mobile payment history, the true amount that I actually paid?

5 REPLIES 5

@JL9- Gotta love the roads and the bridges and the health care and the regulating of greedy corporations and the military and ...ok not the cops...I don't like the cops...until come the day when I might need their license to kill 🙂  etc....

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you do your payment manually in your self serve it will show the entire amount so my 35 plan for instance will say 39.55 - gotta love the Government's hands in your pockets your entire life.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Any amount in your balance “has been” taxed.  

Using money from your balance is straight forward....dollar for dollar...no extra fee. 

But paying from your auto pay set up...there will be taxes based on the province that your phone number belongs to. 

For some people it takes awhile to “get it”. But think it through and will make sense. 

The thing is....you will never see taxes in your transactions as a result of a payment or top up BUT will see the higher taxed amount on your bank or credit card statement.

On the old previous web site when you did a top up if you hit any key before submit the screen would change to show taxes and the total amount. Haven't done a tip up on new web site. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

On PM site you will see charge of $15. On your CC you will see $15+13%.

PM does not show tax on your account, do not ask me why 🙄

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jessica7   because PM add tax on top. 

On My Account, they will only show the base price, but reality is that they will add tax on top.  So, credit card will show plan + tax

Need Help? Let's chat.