cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why should I switch to public points rewards program? Doesn't seem that good compared to the old sys

tonyh98
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Title,

Currently I'm on the old reward system using $25/monthy plan, I get $6 off my monthly plan.

$2 off from autopay

$3 off from loyalty

$1 off from referral

This means every year I essentially get $72 off or 72 points.

The new system gives

5 points for welcom bonus,

40 points for loyalty,

1 point per month for referral,

1.25 points for cash back and

10 for anniversary.

Aside from the one time welcome bonus and one time loyalty bonus that's only 37 points per year? Am I missing something?

8 REPLIES 8

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was on the $25 plan when the points system came out. I calculated that if I switched to the points system then it would be better for the 1st roughly 18 months because of the one time points bonuses. Meaning, if I thought that I would switch carriers within 18 months then it would be better to switch to points.

But otherwise, we all agree. The points system is inferior. I didn't calculate community rewards since I believe both systems award the same dollar value.

Having said that, the points system probably means PM is still cheaper than Lucky or Chatr, since you can redeem each point for $1 off your bill. I haven't calculated how much better it is if you have a much higher cost plan, but I have my doubts.

akkerala
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Old is gold! 😊

Meow
Mayor / Maire

'Why should I switch to public points rewards program?'

Nobody is forcing you to switch. Read all pros and cons old vs. new rewards in this forum and make informed decision. Remember - if you switch there is no coming back.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Nothing is tempting me to the Public Points new system.

But for new activations, it is better than nothing.

Did you enter a comparison in the excel calculator found at the bottom of this announcement?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points-Rewards/td-p/...

Vukhanh1505
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The old one is better Imo

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@tonyh98 

keep the old rewards much better if you change to new rewards no option to return back to old rewards,

but you can review this Money Rewards System or go with Points

@tonyh98 wrote:

Title,

Currently I'm on the old reward system using $25/monthy plan, I get $6 off my monthly plan.

$2 off from autopay

$3 off from loyalty

$1 off from referral

This means every year I essentially get $72 off or 72 points.

The new system gives

5 points for welcom bonus,

40 points for loyalty,

1 point per month for referral,

1.25 points for cash back and

10 for anniversary.

Aside from the one time welcome bonus and one time loyalty bonus that's only 37 points per year? Am I missing something?

You stated that it doesn't seem as good as the old rewards system. That's because it isn't. I'll say that if the points sytem was originally in place, customers probably wouldn't think so negatively about it.  However, Public Mobile made the new system much worse.  The loss of the loyalty rewards far negates the bonus welecome points, loyalty points, and percentage of spend points.  As for the contests, I'm not a fan of spending money (points) and receiving nothing in return which is what happens to the vast majority of conetest entrants.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Nope. Don't switch.

Need Help? Let's chat.