cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why price increase on few existing grandfathered $10 plans.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

44 REPLIES 44

My thoughts are that it is a plan that there are still a few people on it and as the loyalty rewards build on it the less PM (Telus) is getting for that plan.  Even without any referrals, that plan would go as low as 3 dollars.  Raising the price of the $10 plan it is now more beneficial to switch to the $15 plan for all the added features.  If you don't need the added features the grandfathered plan will now be $6 once the max loyalty and autopsy rewards are applied.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Maybe PM wants everybody to eventually switch to current plans? Basic is $15 with more features than old $10.

Some people like $10 plan as they do not need anything more so how to persuade them to upgrade?

BEER

Since it seems that they plan to only increase the price of the  grandfathered $10 plan --- makes me wonder as to how many of these plans are still active. Usually grandfathered plans are left alone to naturally die.

@Community_QA wrote:

so, i guess this is real?  

Yes, it's real.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

so, i guess this is real?  

HI @BEER   , so a $3 price hike could now mean a saving for $10  🙂

BEER

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi  @Yummy  Yes, you have finally answered the question.  🙂

@BEER 

$13 vs $15.  I would definitely go with $15 if this is something you use daily.  I think you get much better value with it.  But of course, some people just "parking" their line with the $10 plan or very seldom use the line and more for emergency , the leaving it $13 might be ok. 

HA HA HA .. I've been had by even mom - just found out that she never used the PM $10 that  I had been maintaining  for her - unbeknown to me for the past couple of years she has a Bell Mobile plan CatMouse.gif tied in to her Bell home package.  

HI @BEER   NO, you will lost your $2 Autopay discount on the new system

Instead, they will give you 5% in Public Points

BEER

Wasn't  aware the even with the point system the auto pay option still gives a $2 discount - are you sure ?

Hi  @Yummy  Yes, you have finally answered the question.  🙂

@BEER 

The $3 price hike is real for $10 plan.  It was not a spam

Some $10 are upset with the price hike but I think it is ok.  This plan has been out for over 4 years and this is the first time there is a price hike.  

$13 vs $15.  I would definitely go with $15 if this is something you use daily.  I think you get much better value with it.  But of course, some people just "parking" their line with the $10 plan or very seldom use the line and more for emergency , the leaving it $13 might be ok. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I have a feeling that all 3 replies are missing a point (or it is just me)?

- Upgrading old $10 plan to current $15 plan will NOT switch her rewards to points

- It is true; old $10 plan got increase to $13/30 days

- It is legitimate and it is Not across the board. Only $10 plan is affected

- Good thinking. Just schedule plan change to $15 on next renewal. For $2 your mom will get unlimited SMS/MMS and 100 outgoing minutes; unlimited incoming calls.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BEER  That's unfortunate however there is a box that you have to check mark to authorize the switch to new points system confirming that you accept the change and can't revert back. So "tricked" was not really PMs intentions. They did however at the beginning make a testing error and sent incorrect emails to customers (I received it on 3 of my accounts) that I've been switched over however they did post on the forums the same day stating it was sent in error and to ignore it.

Sorry this happened to you and your mom. Unfortunately nothing can be done about it. As for her plan going from $10 to $13. Yes it's better to IMO to switch her to the $15 plan regardless of what reward system she is on. But that is your families call. If you do switch be sure to select change at next renewal so that you will only be charged new plan at time of payment due date.

BEER

@BeachNBeer wrote:

@BEER Yes it is true. Many members on the old grandfather plan have already posted about the text message or email they received. Some received email some received text. 

As for changing plans to something else that would be up to you to decide. If mom is on old rewards where you can get discounts like autopay. IMO the $15 plan would be the way to go as just the auto-pay discount of $2 will make it same price.

UNFORTUNATELY as many others. Mom was tricked into switching to the points system. I am also one of the tricked because of the many emails and texts promoting and urging us to switch to the point system with just a click or touch on our phone. Within only a few days I realized the con and  did contact PM asking to be switched back to the rewards system and was just told NO and that I should have been more careful and read the fine print.  

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BEER Yes it is true. Many members on the old grandfather plan have already posted about the text message or email they received. Some received email some received text. 

As for changing plans to something else that would be up to you to decide. If mom is on old rewards where you can get discounts like autopay. IMO the $15 plan would be the way to go as just the auto-pay discount of $2 will make it same price.

Need Help? Let's chat.