cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1G roaming rewards add on.

mellondon
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Beware that when you use this and your USA plan renews before your 10days is up pm will systematically start using your plan roaming making you loose what’s left on what you purchase. Many of you know this and what issues I have, now pm refuses to do anything. 

20 REPLIES 20

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon 

The escalation department was unwilling to apply the workaround? I understand your frustration. It's beyond me that you and pm were able to work out a solution to your issue that was satisfactory for both parties and now they renege on that agreement. This allowed pm to avoid a CCTS complaint and the associated fees they have to pay and the negative statistics the accrue.

I know the basics of your issue. I will do some research for you regarding your issue and lay out a course of action for a CCTS complaint. If they rule in your favour and the workaround or a different solution is agreed upon then in the future pm will not be able to renege on your agreement. The outcome will likely be the same....why pm would rather go thru the time and expense on their part to fight a complaint than use the workaround makes for a ridiculous policy other than the hope that you wint fight for your rights as a customer.

I will contact you via private message in the next few days with the research I gather on your issue.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@mellondon wrote:

So yes I do have the grandfathered plan and you mention that I can renew early, how do I do that? That’s a great suggestion 

@mellondon 

You will need to contact customer service agent to renew your plan earlier. Unable to do it yourself via self service account. 

@mellondon wrote:

Yes it was escalated but the response was the same. I’m not sure what ccts means 

CCTS handles disputes between subscribers and carriers.

mellondon

Yes it was escalated but the response was the same. I’m not sure what ccts means 

mellondon

Because I run out of data. With the USA plane and I need to purchase additional when I run out 

mellondon

Ah, yes. It has been an ongoing issue. Very frustrating when pm doesn’t see it your way 

mellondon

So yes I do have that plan and that’s what’s happening 

mellondon

No I’m not in the USA now. But I have the grandfathered plan and my job takes me into the USA twice a week so when I run out of data I need to purchase the 1G add on roaming (which is usually around the renewal date. If I don’t use it all when my plan renews it automatically reverts back to taking the plan data instead of using up the add-on purchase when the 10 days isn’t completely used up. Seems unfair 

mellondon

So yes I do have the grandfathered plan and you mention that I can renew early, how do I do that? That’s a great suggestion 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@mellondon  "Many of you know this and what issues I have, now pm refuses to do anything."

Workarounds technically available to CSAs have been withdrawn before. So, suggest you plan accordingly if PM remains unresponsive; assuming you have the grandfathered $60 USA plan, perhaps renew your plan early instead of buying data add-ons. 
If you do elect to engage CCTS be prepared for a lot of aggro and, perhaps, no gain at all.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@darlicious wrote:

@iliketotalk 

If you can't be bothered to review the history then why are you even in this thread asking questions?

Harsh @darlicious.

And I might know a little about harshness.

@darlicious Sorry boss please don’t fire me lol 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@iliketotalk 

If you can't be bothered to review the history then why are you even in this thread asking questions?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon 

This was set up as a workaround for your plan because it was an unusual circumstance and much cheaper for them than rewriting code for each customer. Tell the CSA that you want a senior member of the team to take over your support request. If they refuse as well over to the escalations department. And I think you know what's next.....THE CCTS!

I can help with that.....

Yes, review OP history is a good move.  But we are not full time staff here  🙂    While we try to help as much as we can and try to sick deep, OP would be nice to provide more details in a new thread

Hi @mellondon technically you cannot renew addon early without CS agent help.   Which p

addon you got?

If it is talk and text, it is unlimited and really no reason to re-buy early.  

If data, you won't re-buy unless all uses up

So,  why re-buy early??

@dust2dust @I couldn’t be bothered to be honest with you lol

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Please review his history here. This is a remarkable on-going quirk.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon  - so does this mean you are on the Canada/USA calling plan (snowbirds) from a few years ago?

So if your plan renews during the 10 day roaming addon period..you are saying you lose the remaining data not used in that roaming addon at the point of renewal? Did I understand that correctly, if so, then that doesn't seem right.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon A little more info would be helpful I assume your in US now?

Need Help? Let's chat.