cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the Boxing Week Plan better than the Black Friday Plan and only for new customers?

Master_P
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Public Mobile Family,

So on Black Friday they had a plan for $34/month for 20 GB Data at 5G Speed. Which is a good plan and I shared this with people.  Now just a few weeks later the Boxing Week plan is $34/month for 40 GB Data at 5G Speed but for new customers only.

I feel like this is really unfair.  If you are going to make this available for new customers that's fine, but right thing to do is to upgrade all your existing customers who got the Black Friday plan from 20 GB to 40 GB at 5G for free.

Master P

9 REPLIES 9

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You had to be paying very close attention during Black Friday, they were constantly adjusting plans and offering new ones and $34 for 50GB 5G was one of them that all customers could get.

For now stay tuned, we'll see if Boxing Day is as aggressive.

PMHehe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Feel better and easier to switch providers rather than begging for better promotions as a loyalty customer.

It makes no sense to run businesses like this but reality is service providers do not treat loyalty customers well to keep existing customers. It forces loyalty customers to change habits to switch until most loyalty customers left and cause profit issues. Then providers will change their way to do businesses for loyalty customers.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 Great point about the bigger carriers locking you into your plan in many cases. PM offers so much flexibility. In the span of a year and a half, I changed my plan 4 times at PM.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

As others have stated the plan was available to all on Black Friday as I was able to change to it.  What other providers offer their promotioinal plans to existing customers?  Usually you are stuck with a plan for the entire term of that (2 years) so to be able to change to a different plan as better deals become available is a great thing Public Mobile.  Promos are used to increase the number of customers and to not usually reduce the amount of income the company is generating.  It is nice to be able to get better deals when they are offered, but this is a business and they are going to do what is best for the business.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dcchan22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The ability to port an existing number to a new carrier makes it relatively painless to switch.  The CRTC ruling that came into effect a few years ago was meant specifically for that.

Flameotter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Master_P 

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, it seems like the powers that be at Public Mobile have determined This Is The Way for now.

We can hope only and voice what we would like here though.

Thank you for sharing.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Promos come and go. There are new promos that weren't available on able on BF that are now. And like @LitlLdy said, the $34/40GB plan was indeed a Black Friday offer to new and existing customers.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Master_P wrote:

Hi Public Mobile Family,

So on Black Friday they had a plan for $34/month for 20 GB Data at 5G Speed. Which is a good plan and I shared this with people.  Now just a few weeks later the Boxing Week plan is $34/month for 40 GB Data at 5G Speed but for new customers only.

I feel like this is really unfair.  If you are going to make this available for new customers that's fine, but right thing to do is to upgrade all your existing customers who got the Black Friday plan from 20 GB to 40 GB at 5G for free.

Master P

@Master_P , the $34 40 GB at 5G Speed plan was also offered on Black Friday to all Customers for a few days! I selected to switch to that plan on renewal back then. I am surprised that it’s not offered again to all Customers! 😞 

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Master_P 

They are still offering 2 great promos that were better than what was offered on BF. $40 for 60 GB and $50 for 100 GB. As well, all telecom companies are trying to entice customers away from the competition, hence the new activations only. Once you are with someone chances are you are more likely to stay.

Need Help? Let's chat.