cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is a better plan cheaper!?

brenda88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

55EA45A1-1BA3-4111-88F0-EB8D7F16568F.jpeg

 see the picture, doesn’t make any sense to me. I should have a cheaper current plan.

6 REPLIES 6

@BKNS27 wrote:

@brenda88 

A friend was looking at the $19 plan too. He was going to switch from the $25 plan with identical plan information.

Please note that you will lose the bonus 30gb for downgrading the plan cost.

He was also worried about losing the More is Merrier Christmas bonuses but members indicated they will remain.

Can a member that downgrade to the $19 plan confirm that you won’t lose the More is Merrier bonus?

More is Merrier bonus add-ons don't get remvoed after any plan changes.  It doesn't matter which plan is being changed from or which plan is being changed to.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@brenda88 

A friend was looking at the $19 plan too. He was going to switch from the $25 plan with identical plan information.

Please note that you will lose the bonus 30gb for downgrading the plan cost.

He was also worried about losing the More is Merrier Christmas bonuses but members indicated they will remain.

Can a member that downgrade to the $19 plan confirm that you won’t lose the More is Merrier bonus?

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @brenda88, my only guess would be that PM (and other companies) are always looking for ways to remain competitive by offering better deals to customers. In your case, although you have likely lost some discounts from the old Public Rewards system you can recoup most of that loss by switching to the $19 plan and having faster data speeds. It's always a great idea to check what plans PM is offering as they are always changing. The US/Canada plans are fairly new and I jumped on the $34 50 GB plan but more recently they introduced another $34 50 GB plan that is Canada only but with unlimited throttled data after the 50 GB bucket is used up. Remember to check back every so often, you might find something better.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@brenda88 

Looks like you have the $19 plan scheduled to change at next renewal on July 3

Public mobile offers different plans and promotions at different times.  Public mobile will not automatically change plans for existing customers.  It is the responsiblity of customers to change to these new plans if they want to.  

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

@brenda88 

it is good, right? you can change to it and you didn't miss anything

it looks like this is a compensation PM gives to those on $25 for lossing the loyalty rewards.. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@brenda88 , it could be a data caching problem.  Try deleting the app data and checking again.  

Need Help? Let's chat.