cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why aren't voucher pins being accepted?

nicholasliampot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having trouble with a $100 voucher I bought yesterday from the Belleville husky in front St. No response from moderator team. Anyone else having trouble getting the system to accept the pin to top up?

12 REPLIES 12

Daevest
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This same issue just happened with me over the weekend. Not happy at all, $100 is no small amount of change for me to lose. Still waiting to hear from the moderator team on this.

@Anonymous wrote:

@nicholasliampot wrote:

Problem solved! Thanks Syed and team 🙂

I sent all my info and a pic of the pin printout and purchase receipt; moderator says my account will be credited (I believe, especially since I also had the purchase receipt to match) so keep your receipts!

First time this has happened to me, hopefully it won't happen again.

Side note, I bought a $60 pin last night to try and it didn't work about half an hour later, tho it did work this morning. Giving the system a bit of time before worrying is likely a good idea on the rare occasion it isn't accepted right away.

Thanks again everyone for the help.

Now if I could only get MMS and pics thru text... Already tried the suggested APN settings.

@will13am, Would you agree that this is first hand experience with an activation delay?  That said, I would tend to agree with your reasoning - If retailer's terminal is making a request to PM server, then voucher should be valid instantly.  Unless there are 2 PM servers involved, which need to communicate between them.  Who knows...  Can't we get some sort of info/clarification from the mods on this, so that it can be documented somewhere?

This is definitely a delay data point.  I will put it in my notebook to follow up to see if we get a definitive answer that ideally would reside in the knowledge base so that we are not hving to hypothesize. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nicholasliampot wrote:

I sent all my info and a pic of the pin printout and purchase receipt; moderator says my account will be credited (I believe, especially since I also had the purchase receipt to match) so keep your receipts!

Side note, I bought a $60 pin last night to try and it didn't work about half an hour later, tho it did work this morning. Giving the system a bit of time before worrying is likely a good idea on the rare occasion it isn't accepted right away.

Now if I could only get MMS and pics thru text... Already tried the suggested APN settings.

@will13am, Would you agree that this is first hand experience with an activation delay?  That said, I would tend to agree with your reasoning - If retailer's terminal is making a request to PM server, then voucher should be valid instantly.  Unless there are 2 PM servers involved, which need to communicate between them.  Who knows...  Can't we get some sort of info/clarification from the mods on this, so that it can be documented somewhere?

nicholasliampot

@nicholasliampot

If that does not work, you probably need to contact moderator.  Expect a 1-2 day wait.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

nicholasliampot

It's a printout. Merchant called the pinpad company and they confirmed it went thru successfully. Wouldn't refund. Now I feel stuck. It's been 36 hours

nicholasliampot

It's been 36 hours now. Thru self serve and thru *611 not being accepted. I haven't tried using incognito in browser, so I'll try that now. I was just wondering if it was a temporary system issue other people were also experiencing

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am, am only repeating what others (including oracles) have mentioned in the past...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Voucher-won-t-submit/m-p/256701/highlight/true#M17846

I mentioned that this is what I experienced with a Canadian Tire gift card.  I admit that back then when people were discussing delays with Public Mobile vouchers, I thought to myself well I was delayed on the Canadian Tire gift card and so maybe delays are the thing.  I was told specifically by the merchant that the gift card purchases are uploaded from their computers to Canadian Tire's computers the following day which is the contributor to the delay.  Over time, I have continue to see the dicussions.  The discussions have been 100% one sided where people are advised of delays but I have not seen any instance of someone substantiating this.  All it takes is for people who have had problems to report back and say yeah, I waited a bit and boom it worked.  I reasoned that we are just guessing.  I don't want to continue to tell people to age their vouchers when this has not been proven to be the problem. 

Edit:  I went for out for some exercise and fresh air to unclog the mind.  I did a little more thinking about this delay thing.  The voucher as I know it and as shown in the example in the knowledge base is a paper receipt printed from a machine.  The number is generated in real time and likely connected to some Public Mobile server.  My hypothesis is that with this arrangement does not require a delay as the information is probably originating from Public Mobile.  The machine is pretty much a dumb terminal that is capable of printing the voucher receipt.  I recall seeing a post of gift card like vouchers.  Those have the number preprinted on the card.  For security reasons those cards would need a delay to work because the activation on the vendors cash machine needs to be relayed back to Public Mobile for authentication.  Maybe there is a bit of both here in terms of delay or no delay.  It depends on the form of the voucher, paper receipt or preprinted plastic card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am, am only repeating what others (including oracles) have mentioned in the past...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Voucher-won-t-submit/m-p/256701/highlight/...

@Anonymous wrote:

@nicholasliampot, on top of what @SD08 mentioned, some vouchers take time to 'activate' on the sysem.  Could be hours (even up to 24).  You can search the community and should not have a hard time finding additional posts about this.

I am not saying that I am the definitive expert with using vouchers.  I only see people talk of a wait time before they are effective.  I have never seen anyone using them to say that they suddenly started working after a certain wait time or the people selling them said there is a wait time.  If you are going to state a wait time, is this actual experience or just a wild guess.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nicholasliampot, on top of what @SD08 mentioned, some vouchers take time to 'activate' on the sysem.  Could be hours (even up to 24).  You can search the community and should not have a hard time finding additional posts about this.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Try dialling *611 to load the voucher that way.  Also try clearing your browser cache or use incognito mode if loading it online.  Just to be sure you're entering the right code, the PM voucher PINs are 12 digits long.

Need Help? Let's chat.