cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are some of my incoming calls going directly to voicemail?

edmiidz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I requested a call from Telus regarding my television service. The icon for voicemail showed up, but my phone never rang. I spoke with a friend on my phone this morning who called me. There are no problems with my account that I can see. I tried to Access my Voicemail From Another Phone per the steps on this page, but that call also went to voicemail without ringing my phone.

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@edmiidz - check in the calling app setting of your device to see you have a setting turned on saying to 'only allow callers from your contact list'. If you do have this on, turn it off, or add Telus to your contact list (if you wanna do that..).

Can you try your SIM card into another phone and test incoming calls?

If the calls connect, then it is likely a setting on your device.

If the calls still do not connect without showing on your incoming recent calls, the let a customer support agent know and ask to investigate;  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@edmiidz wrote:

I requested a call from Telus regarding my television service. The icon for voicemail showed up, but my phone never rang. I spoke with a friend on my phone this morning who called me. There are no problems with my account that I can see. I tried to Access my Voicemail From Another Phone per the steps on this page, but that call also went to voicemail without ringing my phone.

Make sure you didn't turn phone ring off.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@edmiidz 

Try all these fixes:

• ensure airplane mode is not enabled
  • ensure do not disturb is not enabled
  • ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list
  • disable any call-forwarding features/settings
  • turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers
  • remove and reinsert your SIM card
  • reset network connections

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@edmiidz 

using your cell, dial your own number and you'll access the voicemail selections to review current setting and make adjustments.

added...

in your phones settings...make sure that Do Not Disturb isn't enabled.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @edmiidz 

are you port in ?

or try to select 3G network and reboot device.

Need Help? Let's chat.