cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are our fees increased?

muzmarisa2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
We are Public Mobile customers since Feb.2021.
My (***) account #
My wife's (***) account #.
We noticed that our monthly fees went up without warning as follows:
From $21.47 to $28.25 and 
From $22.60 to $28.25.
Could you please explain these increases.
7 REPLIES 7

bill_rb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As DennyCrane mentioned, see if you have the option to grab the $19 with 1gb data plan... In your account click on "Change Subscription".... If the plan is there select to have it change on renewal date                                                       Your plan will be $21.47 after tax as will your wife's, if you opt to change both... This excludes the points you collect, I'm unsure if you'll be able to keep your 30gb bonus data after renewal date.. I changed but don't really need it

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

As noted, the old rewards system has been retired. Having said that, there are new plans that might be able to net you around the same spend. Were you on the $25/1GB 3G plan? There is now a $19/1GB 4G plan that might make sense. Check them out.

JONMILLS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

First they recently did away with reward system which was getting people $'s off.

Its gone. Now just points

Next

They are owned by Telus.

In the vehicle world

Honda is the budget version of Acura ( they own both)

Toyota is the budget version of Lexus  ( they own both)

VW is the budget version of Audi ( same company )

Telus is the same. They have to cater to those with less but they approach it like the frog in the boiling water. They never throw you into hot water you wouldnt stay, so they get you all cozy with a price point you like and then raise.

Its called marketing, business.

Instead of offering LOW prices then JACKING them

What they did was very clever. They offered lots of rewards in $'s to reduce prices, so that all they needed to do to JACK prices was to get rid of the OLD reward system. BOOM. ( Sorry we didn't raise the prices, we just removed rewards - which is basically saying the same thing ) LOL

They are not here for your needs, they are here for their own.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@muzmarisa2 

PM retired the old reward system this month (May) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
Then PM will give you the points to your point account after renewal within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

For how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% point of your spending in points (plan renewal or add-on purchrases). 
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will earn 10 points on your Anniversary date every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn can  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@muzmarisa2   It's  not so much a price increase as a change in the rewards system.   Instead of a discount automatically being applied you now collect points that can be redeemed for add ons or a bill credit at $1 per 1 point.  You do need to collect 15 points before you can redeem for a bill credit though.  Add ons are at less than the $ cost if purchased with points.  No more autopay $2 a month, loyalty is now 10 points a year.  Referrals stay the same at $1 for 1 point.  But there's no automatic application to the bill, you have to log in to manually redeem points.

Edited to add, you should go to the v in a circle top right of your post to edit it and remove your account numbers and names as this is a public web page.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @muzmarisa2 PM has ended the legacy rewards system and everyone now earn Public Points. Main difference is you pay full amount first and earn 5% in point. Friend referrals rewards are paid in points too.  After you earned 15+ point, you can redeem 15 points for $15 bill credit 

Need Help? Let's chat.