cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Koodo reps trying to Convert us to Koodo.

Sinbad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a call today from a Koodo Rep. stating that Koodo has bought PM and are converting PM over to Koodo. 

He gave me the same deal $40.00 but includes a free sim for switching over. He even tried to make me commit to making an appointment. 

So my concern, is PM going to get shut down and Koodo gettin ready to takeover. 

And if not why is there No annoucement from PM to advise us that we are OK and do not need to switch. 

BTW I have been very happy with PM.Smiley Very Happy

37 REPLIES 37

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
If they call me they better offer me a screening deal like 25$/4gb/month.

Maybe that's why I haven't received the offer.

Hopefully they don't offer it to my referrals.

I'm on Fall 2016 Promo.  No offer for me either.

Not looking to leave either.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Sinbad,

Interesting....

You received a phone call from Koodo. What was the exact plan they offered you?

@Morpheus wrote:

I am just curious, how do they select people to text or call to port to Koodo? The unlimited national wide and extra GB is tempting... Is this for everyone or only few people with "retired plans"?

The selection criteria have not been made public and are unclear from posts such as yours. For example, I have a grandfathered 90 day $90 plan and did not receive the offer.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Morpheus

I am just curious, how do they select people to text or call to port to Koodo? The unlimited national wide and extra GB is tempting... Is this for everyone or only few people with "retired plans"?

Sinbad

Thanks for clarifying. Seems to be alot of misrepresentations first a Text message now phone calls. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM has no plans for closing down. Those Koodo reps are just being agressive in using that switch offer and are pressuring PM customers with false statements.

Here are recent statements from PM confirming that they'll be sticking around:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Received-an-text-msg-from-pm-for-koodo-5g...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Public-Mobile-Closing-according-to-the-re...

If you are happy with PM, don't worry about what the Koodo reps are saying.

As for me, I'm sticking around.  The Koodo offer is not attractive by comparison, considering the rewards system PM has.

Need Help? Let's chat.