cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I notified of time left inaccurately-according to usage history?

trader01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been notified that I have only 10 minutes left but because incoming calls are unlimited, I should actually have about 45 minutes left.  How do they calculate ithis?

5 REPLIES 5

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah this is where many people miss minutes used, calling your vm counts (I know kind of frustrating) also the rounding up doesn't help.You could get a relatively cheap add on for minutes that don't expire that should alleviate some of those minutes issues.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@trader01   check Usage log to confirm but wait till tomorrow morning as the log are couple ours late (assuming you make no more outgoing calls tonight)   

At the Usage page, you can filter the log from beginning of the current cycle, add up those outgoing calls minutes only but remember to round up to the next minute (All providers use this method).    And, do not trust the sort feature, it looks sorted but it is not. So, go through each page carefully

MyAcct-UsageHistory-Alltype.jpg

And you aware that using your phone to check voicemail will cost you the minutes too?  You can either use landline or VoIP app to check voicemail

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@trader01 

Outgoing calls (including calls you make to check voicemail) are counted from the moment you begin dialing IF the call connects, or the receiver picks up.

Additionally, any part of a minute counts as a FULL minute, so if you are even 1 second over, it will round up to the next minute.

Log into your self-serve and look here, it's the best resource for minutes remaining:

HALIMACS_0-1652924339746.png

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@trader01   Checking your voicemail will also deduct from your available minutes. 

You might want to add the inexpensive $5/500 Canada wide minutes as back up minutes for the times you run out of plan minutes before renewal resets everything.  Non-roaming add-ons don't expire so unused minutes from will stay with your account until depleted.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@trader01 

If you are on a limited plan look under My Data & Add Ons in self service. The counter there is accurate.

Seconds are rounded up to minutes so a 10 second call is 1 minute.

Need Help? Let's chat.