cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's buying extra accounts?

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Anyone buying extra accounts for resale before points system kicks in?

10 REPLIES 10

Bandsaw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Amen  Virgin Mobile is free (at least time I had to get a replacement card)

BeachNBeer

@Bandsaw  Only thing unethical is PM selling sim cards for $10 🤣

nigmea

honestly when you activate a account you have to put money into it to maintain its active status. it's probably not worth it in the long run. just my opinion

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bandsaw : Who's ethics? Yours? Or the company? The company wants your money. The new system isn't live so that doesn't enter into it.

Bandsaw

Thanks @BeachNBeer I do have two SIM cards laying around (unused).  I am just not sure about the ethical question of doing this as far as PM is concerned.

BeachNBeer

@Bandsaw Get a sim and sign up an account for your wife on a $15 plan. Then suspend the account just before renewal date. You can suspend for 90 days (make sure to reactivate around 85 day mark).  When you're wifes contract is over just port here number in. The $15 upfront you pay will be worth it in long run. Besides with referral bonus you get $10 back.

adagio

Last minute deal. Just added one line for the kid. 

Bandsaw

Never thought of this.  On an ethical position, I'm not so sure.  I know I was going to switch my wife over to PM once her plan contract was done, but won't be now.  I am not for this point system as it seems that I have to do "extra" work each month to claim dollar value for auto pay.  That, and the fact that more and more LTE only cell sites are popping up thus PM voice calling is a no go.

BeachNBeer

@0PX9O4 

I have 3 extra sims still when CCS were selling them for 49 cents a few years ago. So I'll be activating them.

0PX9O4

@BeachNBeer 

Are you?

Need Help? Let's chat.