cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you lose a referral reward???

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I received a text a few days ago as per pic. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 11.10.03 AM.png

Lost due inactivity

Are there any other texts, using different reasons,  advising of the "one less"?

@J_PM 

And when will it be that we will be able to distinguish what xxx-xxx-1234 number has gone inactive? Referrals help build the business so why not at least inform us of what number will temporarily or no longer reward us??

27 REPLIES 27

@HALIMACS 

Logically I remain to disagree. 

Hi @CountyDownIeUk   totally agree it is embarrassing.  

I understand it could be a rush to put it to live (still not an excuse), but we found so many issues, why there is no  fix since?    

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi All, 

I think this new site should be like the old one, simply remove those suspended or cancelled account.  Really don't see why it showing all the numbers I ever referred.  I don't think tere was any reason but just glitch or developers too lazy to do a proper clean up.  If it is SQL, just one more clause :  AND  account_status='Active'   

Lazy or no direction given and not enough expectations of end results. That is the case here on a number of things. Upgrade and provide more flaws...sorry to say....embarrassing too. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi All, 

I think this new site should be like the old one, simply remove those suspended or cancelled account.  Really don't see why it showing all the numbers I ever referred.  I don't think tere was any reason but just glitch or developers too lazy to do a proper clean up.  If it is SQL, just one more clause :  AND  account_status='Active'   

Well, @CountyDownIeUk , we'll have to fundamentally agree to disagree on that one.

Whether or not I am the referred or the referee, I don't feel I have any business knowing the reasons why other customer's accounts may or may not be in service.

The extent to which I might have a 'right to know' is simply whether the other person's account status qualifies me for continued rewards or not - but that would be it.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

So ... you feel the reason another customer may or may not continue to have a business association with Public Mobile is something you have a right to know about?

Yes if I referred them and their number is still on my account, the new version should show status. 

And do keep in mind the new version also indicates you are being rewarded for $1 for every number listed.....but not every number is active.....so the amount of $ they refer to, is incorrect. 

Old version sort of told us as the number would disappear.  

@CountyDownIeUk 

So ... you feel the reason another customer may or may not continue to have a business association with Public Mobile is something you have a right to know about?

@HALIMACS wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

You don't agree with... what... specifically?

Best to leave reasons between the other customer and PM.

@CountyDownIeUk 

You don't agree with... what... specifically?

@esjliv wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk - That should have been thought of beforehand

@CountyDownIeUk  - if only I had a crystal ball and knew how relationships could unfold. 😂

Lol. If everyone had a good reliable crystal ball...there would be no such thing as hind sight....although based on some of the questions here due to carelessness, maybe not. 

@esjliv wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@esjliv 

Go back to old way or list status would be best. But from what I have heard never question them with a CSA. 

@CountyDownIeUk  - what happens if you question? Lose the $'s ??

That is what I have heard. 

@HALIMACS wrote:

Good observation @CountyDownIeUk 

I hope I don't ever get one of those SMS's.

Personally, I don't think there should be any 'reasons' given or implied.   The messaging should just imply that the reward will be less due to a referred customer no longer meeting the requirements for referral program.   

Just my opinion.  Best to leave reasons between the other customer and PM.

I don’t agree......we found the customer. 

@CountyDownIeUk - That should have been thought of beforehand

@CountyDownIeUk  - if only I had a crystal ball and knew how relationships could unfold. 😂

@esjliv wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@esjliv @I don’t think privacy to a phone # in part or full is a privacy. Phone numbers are published in so may different ways.  Here is my phone number...xxx-xxx-6014. Who am I? Where am I? Where do I live etc etc?

@CountyDownIeUk - what if i used a referral code from someone I no longer want to be associated with?

Then be careful what you tell them or find some one else. That should have been thought of beforehand. That’s the chance you take all the time when you shop when you think a bit about it. 

I wouldn't want them to know i've left or if I am still around. Is what I was more alluding to.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@esjliv 

Go back to old way or list status would be best. But from what I have heard never question them with a CSA. 

@CountyDownIeUk  - what happens if you question? Lose the $'s ??

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Good observation @CountyDownIeUk 

I hope I don't ever get one of those SMS's.

Personally, I don't think there should be any 'reasons' given or implied.   The messaging should just imply that the reward will be less due to a referred customer no longer meeting the requirements for referral program.   

Just my opinion.  Best to leave reasons between the other customer and PM.

@esjliv 

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@esjliv @I don’t think privacy to a phone # in part or full is a privacy. Phone numbers are published in so may different ways.  Here is my phone number...xxx-xxx-6014. Who am I? Where am I? Where do I live etc etc?

@CountyDownIeUk - what if i used a referral code from someone I no longer want to be associated with?

I wouldn't want them to know i've left or if I am still around. Is what I was more alluding to.

@Meow wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @CountyDownIeUk   I think the new Reward site have all the number there, those old one and new one.  Like the list of number on mine is more than the amount paid.   So confusing

You are saying your list shows 5 referrals but you get only $4 reward?

I am showing 18 referrals and $11 in rewards. 

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk  - At least you have a reason showing.

How about one with no reason.

esjliv_0-1646945527796.png

And my guess the link takes you to your rewards list with every number that is a valid referral along with all the others that are not...and does not confirm the exact change...correct???  Do you think this needs fixing?

@CountyDownIeUk 

This text is from 2 1/2 months ago, before the new rewards rollout. The link just takes me back to the self serve login page.

But, yes, it looks like the list includes current and past referrals.

Would like to see a 'status' column no doubt. Maybe there are privacy issues linked to this?

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @CountyDownIeUk   I think the new Reward site have all the number there, those old one and new one.  Like the list of number on mine is more than the amount paid.   So confusing

You are saying your list shows 5 referrals but you get only $4 reward?

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Actually, the "cha ching" email would be nice to have the last 4 digits as well

But if you are keeping records a new number on your list will tell you what number belongs to the new referral. 

@esjliv wrote:

And my guess the link takes you to your rewards list with every number that is a valid referral along with all the others that are not...and does not confirm the exact change...correct???  Do you think this needs fixing?

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @CountyDownIeUk  Inactivity implies inaction for renewal?

Yes, it would be good to at least give us the last 4 digits of whoever left .  It is very embarrass to call all my friends and ask them "Did you pay your PM bill yet?"

But if you are keeping records a new number on your list will tell you what number belongs to the new referral. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @CountyDownIeUk  Inactivity implies inaction for renewal?

Yes, it would be good to at least give us the last 4 digits of whoever left .  It is very embarrass to call all my friends and ask them "Did you pay your PM bill yet?"

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.