cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When/how are rewards applied when switching to new plan?

catohound
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on the old rewards system and get a set discount per month.  I just switched to the $40/15GB plan and was charged $40 + tax, no discount.  I did the switch right away option, rather than switch on renewal date. I was actually logging in to buy a data add on cause I had a higher than normal data usage this month and was just about at zero a week or so before my normal renewal date. It made better sense to just switch to the new plan, though.

I guess they consider my rewards to already have been applied for the month, since I renewed/switched plans before the end of the 30 day period? Is that how it works? Did I screw myself out of my discount until next month?

5 REPLIES 5

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@catohound hi yes when you renew early your rewards won't be credited until next renewal date now for your new plan,also you forfiet any credit for your old plan so yes you pay full price for new plan until next cycle 

catohound
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oops.  Okay, thanks, guys.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@catohound   Yes, when you switch right away, you don't get the rewards applied.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@catohound   Sounds like you made an immediate plan change which means no rewards get applied but they will be available for your next renewal, that's why it's recommended to Change at Next Renewal for both getting rewards applied and since PM doesn't prorate or refund for any days left in the current cycle.

@catohound wrote:

I'm on the old rewards system and get a set discount per month.  I just switched to the $40/15GB plan and was charged $40 + tax, no discount.  I did the switch right away option, rather than switch on renewal date. I was actually logging in to buy a data add on cause I had a higher than normal data usage this month and was just about at zero a week or so before my normal renewal date. It made better sense to just switch to the new plan, though.

I guess they consider my rewards to already have been applied for the month, since I renewed/switched plans before the end of the 30 day period? Is that how it works? Did I screw myself out of my discount until next month?

When an immediate plan change is performed, no rewards are paid. Starting your next renewal, the rewards will return.

Need Help? Let's chat.