cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does my US add on start?

pp4ever
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am looking at purchasing the data/test/talk plan for the USA. Does it activate at time of purchase or can I buy it now and then it will last from 15 days when I enter the USA?

Also - any comments on reception quality in Orlando?

TIA

5 REPLIES 5

pirloui3

thanks for the answer. Well we're looking to disneyworld and universal and i just don't want to be stock without phone...

@pirloui3- Florida has been getting some not great results from some people. Have your phone set to automatic networks so it'll just connect to T-Mobile when it can. Data and text should be fine. Talk is the problem. Your phone would need to be able to drop down to 2G or you would need to manually set it to 2G. That would also work for text and allegedly data but I haven't verified that.

T-Mobiles coverage is not the responsibility of Public. As with all providers coverage may vary and 2G in particular will be less.

pirloui3

hi, i would like to know your experience. we're looking to go to disney worl orlando  soon and don't want to have trouble we cellphone during my trip.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@pp4ever 

The USA roaming add on starts immediately when you purchase the add on.  

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/us-roaming

No personal experience with Orlando.  Public mobile talk is hit and miss these days because of the decommissioning of the 3G Network in the USA.  PM roaming talk depends on the 2G T mobile network which has unreliable coverage in the USA.  Data and text should work fine.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@pp4ever  Starts as soon as you purchase it , so plan to purchase it right before you head off for your trip 

Need Help? Let's chat.