cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do I put in the Public Mobile SIM?

CanadianPerson0
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Transferring a family member's phone plan. I just completed their signup and got to the Transaction Summary. Replied 'YES' to the text they received from their carrier. Do I put in the PM SIM card now? Do I wait for a notification?

iOS/iPhone if relevant.

5 REPLIES 5

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

haha. almost same reply as @computergeek541 

but one thing wrong.  If old account cannot login, no need to wait few more hours.  Old account cannot login=port completed.  So, that means the PM account is fully functioning

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@CanadianPerson0 

The transfer of your old number may take up to 90 minutes to port over after you replied to the text.

Meanwhile, you old SIM will continue to work until the porting is completed.

Remember to power off your phone before swapping the SIM.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I would wait until your old account is closed. When you are Not able to log in to your old account anymore then - wait few more hours and then try PM SIM.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CanadianPerson0 Yup..you are correct. after you replied "Yes" or no service on your phone. you can put in your PM sim card.

@CanadianPerson0 wrote:

Transferring a family member's phone plan. I just completed their signup and got to the Transaction Summary. Replied 'YES' to the text they received from their carrier. Do I put in the PM SIM card now? Do I wait for a notification?

iOS/iPhone if relevant.

I would suggest waiting until the old carrier's service stops working before inserting the Public Mobile SIM card. If you insert the Pubilc Mobile SIM card now, any incoming phone calls will be missed.

Need Help? Let's chat.