cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I make a call it says phone number is disconnected

Lyndsay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For the past few days whenever I make a call it tells me the number I am trying to reach is not in service. This is not true, every number I tried to call is still in service. I can’t even check my own voicemail.

My spouse is also with Public and his phone has no issues.

11 REPLIES 11

ctaljeh

Hello again,

Update:

Support got back to me and fixed the problem from their side.

Lyndsay, they should be able to fix yours if you reach out to them. Best of luck.

ctaljeh

Hello Lyndsay,

I have the same pb as you, but mine only started yesterday. My husband and kids are also with Public and they are not affected by this issue. I tried: turning phone off for 5 minutes, adding 1 before dialing a number, resetting network settings, switching phones. Nothing worked. I submitted a ticket to support and waiting to hear back.

@iamcdn wrote:

Are you dialing 1 + area code + 7 digit number or just area code + 7 digit number?

My problem just started yesterday and I just figured out why. I have to dial 1 before the area code. I don't know why that is now cause if I don't do it won't make the call anymore

@iamcdn , good suggestion. Thats the only way my calls go through.

@Lyndsay    You know the PM SIMs are triple punched and you only need to remove (carefully) the outer housing to make them smaller?

Lyndsay

I haven’t tried that but I can still call my spouse’s number without it.

@Lyndsay wrote:

I did try that and it is still happening.

@Lyndsay , have you tried resetting network settings & rebooting your phone?

Is your phone set on 3G or LTE?

iamcdn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you dialing 1 + area code + 7 digit number or just area code + 7 digit number?

My problem just started yesterday and I just figured out why. I have to dial 1 before the area code. I don't know why that is now cause if I don't do it won't make the call anymore

Lyndsay

I did try that and it is still happening.

Lyndsay

I can’t, they’re different sizes

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lyndsay    There are a lot of other customers posting about same or similar issues to yours. 

Can you try powering off and removing the SIM for 5 mins before reinserting and rebooting?  This resolved the problem for another customer after being suggested by @LitlLdy earlier and might be worth trying while you wait to hear back from customer support.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lyndsay 

can you swap sims to see if the same thing happens when you use spouse's phone.

added...

if it still does it, send a message to CSA for their assistance.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.