cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make any phone calls

ctaljeh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

My account is active but i am unable to make any calls. i tried restarting my phone and resetting network settings, i even put my SIM in a different phone but no luck. Has anyone encountered this problem? How do i get this resolved?

Thx

10 REPLIES 10

ctaljeh

Update:

Support got back to me and fixed the problem from their side.

Thank you everyone for your supportive replies. I really appreciate it.

ctaljeh

@iamcdn 

Tried all these with no success

ctaljeh

Hello,

Tried your suggestion and turned my phone off for 5 minutes, unfortunately the problem persists.

I submitted a ticket to support, hopefully they fix the issue soon. Thx 

iamcdn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok, try turning off phone, pull out sim card, wait 5 mins, put back in, turn on phone and try to make a call

ctaljeh

Hey,

Thank you for the recommendation. I tried adding 1 before the area code but still no luck.

My problem started yesterday and it was only restricted to 1-800 numbers, but later in the afternoon i was unable to make and receive any calls at all. I restarted my phone and was able to receive local calls, until this morning when everything stopped and nothing would work to fix it. 

iamcdn

When did that start? Up until yesterday I didn't have to dial 1

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @iamcdn   I think after VoLTE, everyone needs to dial 1 in front of the 10 digits

This isn't the case.

HI @iamcdn   I think after VoLTE, everyone needs to dial 1 in front of the 10 digits

iamcdn

Are you dialing 1 + area code + 7 digit number or just area code + 7 digit number?

My problem just started yesterday and I just figured out why. I have to dial 1 before the area code. I don't know why that is now cause if I don't do it won't make the call anymore

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ctaljeh 

There has been some voice issue for some customers in the last couple days

Try this first, power off the phone for 5 mins and then power up and try again

If that does not work, please open a ticket with PM support for them to refresh your account, they will be able to resolve it

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.