cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my SIM card accidentally. What do I do?

Jagermistress
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I lost my SIM card on a plane returning to Canada. I just want to replace it, and keep my same phone number and plan. I'm trying to purchase one, but keep being sent to a page that tells me what to do, but won't let me do it. My account is Active and in good standing. Can't figure out why something so simple is becoming so difficult. Thanks for any advice. I can't make any call without my SIM. Thank goodness I have wi-fi to keep in contact with people.

9 REPLIES 9

@Jagermistress 

Great that you are up and running on PM. Good that you have a Telus/Koodo store near you.

It could take up to 3 weeks if you ordered for PM directly.

Jagermistress

Thanks for the quick reply and the first to direct me on this route. Worked great. Up and running now. Many thanks for the help. Thought I HAD to purchase it on the PM website. Saved a lot of hassles and time. Very grateful. Cheers! 

Jagermistress

Worked Great. Thanks a lot. Up and running now!

Jagermistress

Yes. That was the best route. Got one from a local Telus Outlet. BTW WalMart and Best Buy no longer carry PM SIMs. Found out when the closest Telus store didn't have any left. Suggested those, but no longer carried. Just a bit of FYI for the Community. Thanks for the help!

Jagermistress

I live in Greater Ottawa. Same deal, though. Got one from Telus. All fixed up and working fine. Thanks for the help!! 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jagermistress 

if you're in or near the GTA, these guys have the PM sims for $5 and have a local pick-up option.

They promise fast / free delivery otherwise.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/multi-sim-card-for-standard-micro-na...

When you get the sim, sign in to your account / Profile / Edit Account Info / Change SIM card Number....

sim.jpg

EZPZ

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Jagermistress wrote:

I lost my SIM card on a plane returning to Canada. I just want to replace it, and keep my same phone number and plan. I'm trying to purchase one, but keep being sent to a page that tells me what to do, but won't let me do it. My account is Active and in good standing. Can't figure out why something so simple is becoming so difficult. Thanks for any advice. I can't make any call without my SIM. Thank goodness I have wi-fi to keep in contact with people.

@Jagermistress , to add to what @BKNS27 & @HALIMACS said which is a faster way of getting a new sim card so please try to go that route… if you order one on here it can take up to 3 weeks to receive another Sim card which is delivered by Canada Post from Public Mobile! 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jagermistress 

you can also use the link below to find a store location near you.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/store-locator

If you happen to be in the greater Toronto area also check out Canadiancellsupplies.com as they sell cheap Sim cards in their store locations.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jagermistress 

Just purchase a new SIM from your local Telus/Koodo store and login to your account and click on Replace SIM Card so everything is transferred on to the new SIM.

You might also want to click on Report stolen/lost phone but remember to remove this feature before replacing the new SIM card number.

Need Help? Let's chat.