cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats my PUK number?

Saskcracker1982
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I accidentally locked my sim card because I entered The pin wrong three times. I was trying to lock different sim card with my phone and I forgot to turn on that sim card and locked my public mobile sim card. 

9 REPLIES 9

@Saskcracker1982 

so, did you open ticket with PM support yet?  They usually reply quick.  Please monitor your Community inbox for their reply 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Saskcracker1982 

It's because all the big three were pushed by the regulator to provide a no frills, low cost model and the big three offered public mobile, chat'r and lucky for that purpose.

Saskcracker1982

I did, but I'm in playing phone tag with them but texting because, Why do phones come with a Mic and a hearing device? Because people don't talk on the phone anymore. Or companies are just not capable to deal with the inflow of angry customers, which would make me question this business venture Telus has with Purchasing Public Mobile.

"Hey why does everyone other mobile phone company offer the puk codes on their site so when people accidentally lock their sim, they can unlock it right away?"

Wouldn't having the puk code on a public website make locking a sim rather pointless?   Am I missing something?   One carrier that I looked at just said contact them for assistance if sim or esim accidentally locked.  

Could still be a stolen device situation with e-SIM, @Saskcracker1982 

Not suggesting that's YOUR situation, just generally speaking.

Hope Customer Support agents can resolve.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Saskcracker1982

I'm using an esim 

@Saskcracker1982 wrote:

Hey why does everyone other mobile phone company offer the puk codes on their site so when people accidentally lock their sim, they can unlock it right away?

@Saskcracker1982 

I'm guessing because a SIM PIN is a code that prevents a SIM card from being used if placed in a new phone, or after rebooting a phone it's currently inserted into.

This ensures that a stolen phone cannot be used to make calls or prevent unauthorized access to a protected or secure phone number.

This is likely why Customer Support needs to be engaged to ensure the user of the SIM is the registered account-holder.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Saskcracker1982 

For sim card PIN unlock, please open message support here:
     https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you 
there.

Saskcracker1982

Hey why does everyone other mobile phone company offer the puk codes on their site so when people accidentally lock their sim, they can unlock it right away?

Need Help? Let's chat.