cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with the service?

cannonman55
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I live in oshawa Ontario my calls are choppy people are telling me I'm cutting in and out data on 4g is like 3g at times if Telus don't fix the service I'll move on I need service

7 REPLIES 7

cannonman55

No VoLTE yes it's on LTE

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cannonman55 

Can you go to your Settings, then About Phone, Sim Status, Mobile Voice Network Type: LTE?

Also on your phone dial pad punch in *#*#INFO#*#*. Check Phone information and scroll down to see if VoLTE has been provisioned on your phone yet.

cannonman55

I'm on 4g I have a pixel 5 it just started not long ago it's set to lte

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cannonman55 

You can also try toggling airplane mode on/off. This will give you a new connection to the network.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

OK

Telling us you're gonna leave is of no use @cannonman55 

We're just other customers like you - we have no skin in the game.

If the problem persists after the recommendations made, let the Customer Support Agents know.  Perhaps they can reprovision your account/SIM.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@cannonman55 

Public mobile uses Telus or Bell cell towers so coverage across Canada is usually good. 

Has your service always been like that?  ie. choppy and data issues?  Or just a recent issue.

Which model phone?

A few basic trouble shooting advice:

Rebooting your phone.

Try your SIM card in another working phone.  To see whether hardware/phone issue versus PM service problem. 

Network reset of phone.  

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

1) Which plan are you on? Is it a 4G plan?

2) Is your preferred network set to Auto or LTE (on your device)? If it's set to 3G, change that.

3) Do you know if your line has been upgraded to VoLTE yet?

Need Help? Let's chat.