cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the billing cycle?

Richard168
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • I am using this plan, it is 23/month subscription plan.
  • and I switched to this subscription plan on 18 July, but it renewed on 17 August,  and it says it will renew on 16 September?
  • I reported this issue to the agent, she said that I am prepared account, and the billing cycle is 30 days. I think she is trying to fool me, because is is very obvious that my plan is 23/month subscription plan, not 23/30days

8cbbcac64137bdf042dba8b05e35cba7.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

@Richard168 wrote:

So, like I said, If you think PM always use 10, 30, 90 as period, so just write the plan is 23/30days, don’t say the plan is 23/month. It is totally a deceiving trick

You are very correct. EVERY plan has this kind of wording:

Meow_0-1724102525510.png

Which is NOT correct. it is NOT $1.95/month but $1.95/per 30 days. Very deceiving and unfair to new customers.

I guess '30 days' formula is easier to apply and use in calculation than fixed date. Imagine you signed up on 29th Feb. or 31st of the month. Now you want somebody to be smart and create schedule:
IF signed up on 31 but billing month has 30 days THEN bill on 30, etc. etc.

Way, way simple (less brain cell used) is: current billing date = previous billing date + 30. End of story (and we 'steal' at least 5 days a year from customers).

Richard168

So, like I said, If you think PM always use 10, 30, 90 as period, so just write the plan is 23/30days, don’t say the plan is 23/month. It is totally a deceiving trick

Richard168

Yes, I know you are the customer like me, thanks.

@Richard168 wrote:

Why did not they use a month as billing cycle? If the choose 30 Days as subscription period, the plan should be 23/30 days, rather than 23/month,

And maybe they can choose 31days as a month 

Public Mobile Mobile has never actually had any plans that are per month.  Public Mobile's plans have always been either 10, 30, or 90 days in duration.

Richard168

what can I say? It is a cunning trick.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Richard168 I actually agree with you, I have no idea why they run on a 30 day schedule. Maybe someone here knows the official reason. As a heads up, here in the community we are all customers supporting each other and when we don't have answers we are able to open a ticket through the chat bot

Richard168

Why did not they use a month as billing cycle? If the choose 30 Days as subscription period, the plan should be 23/30 days, rather than 23/month,

And maybe they can choose 31days as a month 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Richard168 PM works on a 30 day basis so some months will be the same date but months with 31 days will shift the next payment to be a day earlier, this is why it will never be on the same day at all times. If you search online you will see that everyone at PM is either on 30 days or 90 days. They use the word month but it really is 30 days for the majority of us

Need Help? Let's chat.