cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when my data runs out?

Hishighness420
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all. I've heard that when you run out of data on public mobile (I have the $15 250mb plan) that your data still works it just gets throttled. Is that true? If not, what happens? Does it just stop working?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Note that you'll get data usage notifications when you've reached 75% and 95% data thresholds from your plan provision.

Once you've used 100% of your data you'll get no more data until you (or your AutoPay) prepay for more data. Any attempt to go online will be redirected to Public Mobile's "why can't I use data?" webpage (there's no way to circumvent or cheat the redirect). Public Mobile does not have any sort of throttled "unlimited" "infinite" "endless" data. And Public Mobile has no sort of overusage or overcharge for data.

You can always buy data add-ons.

You can always "change plan immediately" to start a new pre-paid plan cycle.

You can always connect online through free Wifi at a public hotspot, with all the usual performance and privacy caveats.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@Hishighness420   No, once the 250MB are used, it will stop working.  You can either buy extra data add-on if you need or you have to wait till next cycle when new 250Mb comes

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hishighness420 hi no it just stops working until your next cycle starts unless you purchase an add on 😀

Meow
Mayor / Maire

When you use your Plan's data allowance or data add-on your Internet will just STOP.

There is no throttling at PM and there is no overcharge.

Need Help? Let's chat.